Just a bit of clarification...

Free speech and open source development
IAHM-COL

Re: Just a bit of clarification...

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:07 am

SHM, PM: Your topic has been locked wrote:
curt, Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:51 am wrote:And many more fgmembers enjoy the fighting here and support it remotely. Those that come over here for battle, (like Bomber lately) are sad cases that don't realize how they are being manipulated by others to fight proxy battles. Bomber is so enraged by Thorsten, he doesn't care what kind of collateral damage he does.

@Bomber

mmm, it seems you are next target of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (a.k.a in the underworld as "Dr. Thorsten(?)" )
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:09 am

What a pathetic arguing of Curt. And he dares to end his last post with: "Did I ever do anything to you personally?". Errr, yes, in every post in this list, and specifically the accusations above this sentence. To name one: "I think that maybe you do have a thread of decency somewhere in your character". Curt states here that SHM has no decency except maybe a little thread.

Here we see a person *feeling* attacked all the time. That feeling should justify irrational decisions to remove perfectly decent posts, only because the poster also posts on this forum: "I have no personal beef with you, but you've chosen to put yourself in an adversarial position and align yourself with an adversarial group and the promote adversarial positions, and continue adversarial arguments here on the forum". Maybe Curt should learn to control his irrational feelings.

I have seen SHM's posts, and they were only pictures comparing two scenery systems. Nothing disrespectful about that, i would say. Yet curt lies:

No you aren't going to keep endless pointless arguments running on the flightgear forum. Show some respect for our users and our forum.

The same should apply to me. I was never shown any respect either,

I am really sick of the other guy started it first arguments. Just stop it.

What is wrong with this guy, there was no argument whatsoever. No breach of respect. And what does he want with: "The same should apply to me. I was never shown any respect either"? How do you get respect if you do not earn it, lying all the time? Go back to kindergarten and learn that respect should be earned. It is not for free. And who is that "other guy"? Thorsten i suppose?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:25 am

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29703
Curt wrote:Quoting Edward:

SHM, the thread contained cross-posts and text from banned users from Jabberwocky's forum, and our policy is that this is not acceptable. You very well know this - you used to quote Israel, but after you were told off, you simply switched to removing the quote tags so that it looked like your text, to sneakily get around the ban! Also, the thread was just one long flamewar, so it was considered of no value. In addition the tone of your messages was totally unacceptable. You simply cannot call someone Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde. It is also extremely rude in modern English to call someone Mr. <first name>, and coming from India I know that you would be well aware of this. This type of behavior would be expected from a young school yard bully. Consider yourself lucky that a second, longer ban was not issued!

Mr. Curtis (I guess this comes as rude, now)

With all due disrespect *since you've shown consistently you deserve no more than that*,

The thread you closed was made as a war-flame by your own people.
It was originally created by Side to showcase new scenerios and screenshots in media subforum. No other subversive objective from Side's side.
Bugman chose to move it to 3rd party, as a clear demonstration of subterfuge interests. And, as soon as he logged on, Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde decided to create a flame war against the scenery created by SHM and myself, suggesting all kind of allegations of how there was problems with the scenery, or the distribution methods, and what not.
Indeed many posers (I say, sorry -- posters), indeed indicated how terribly bad and ugly terraGIT scenery looks like.

No one, that I recall, attempted to conter-arguee such absurd allegations.

Your behavior towards SHM is uncalled for. Low. aggresive (as everyone can see from your response above), acrimonious!.
You even go as far as suggesting SHM to be adversarial, just because he created a custom Singapore scenery? Are you FUCKING kidding me?

And then you ill-talk Bomber on a private message? Disgusting! If you have something bad to say about somebody; be at least decent enough to tell the person on their faces. Instead, you keep choosing the back-stabbing game.

Your game of demeaning people is very evident now, Mr. Curtis. And your banning strategy has reached pathological frequency. As well as your standing behind Thorsten's unfriendly attitudes. Where is the respect you claim FG authority is based upon? you act mimics that of a clown! -- hyperbolic and inconsistent

Do you know that respect is not asked? but gained? and you can only gain it via reciprocity?
Do you ask people to refer you and your group courteously, or as Dr. Thorsten (Ridiculous, by the way, since the correct form is Dr. Renk), but then you issue no comment or rejection when some peasant throws this jewel:

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... py#p285219
Alant wrote:As soon as Fgaddon started to be implemented, Mr I AM (the missing "H for Happy" is obviously silent in this case) suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the mailing list saying that the developer's solution was bad and that he had a better alternative.

He was told that with an agreed and working solution it was a bit late in the day to start the discussion all over again and the developers wished to pursue their chosen path.

Mr I AM´s posts got longer, longer and yet longer as well as increasingly more virulent until everybody was fed up with him. He could not accept that the developers would not do things his way, as his was the only way that things should be done. His whole attitude was arrogant in the extreme.

The rest is history.

Mr I AM set up FGmembers and seems to be using it as a tool to cause a split in the FG community. Where will he get his developers from, or will they just leach the GPL code from Flightgear?

So tell me, are you really so delusional as to claim that "Mr. Thorsten" as SHM treated Thorsten, is more disrespectful than the way Alant treated me: "Mr. I AM". ? Because you never issue, not even a warning or a reminder that:

http://www.flightgear.org/flightgear-policy-document/ wrote:The FlightGear project operates as a meritocracy on the principles of politeness, respect, trust and humility.

you are an hypocrite!

Sincerely,
Dr. I. Hernandez.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:52 am

Instead of wasting time making this absolutely pointless topic, I should have been working on Edinburgh instead.

I apologize.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:01 am

Food for Thought

Curt, via PM; Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 pm wrote:You are not free to quote banned members, you are not free to engage in disrespectful posts or personal attacks. You are not free to "demand answers". You are not free to bring an attitude of anger from the other forum over here.

@SHM

Someone once told me that Curtis and his group had changed the meaning of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_isn't_free
Colonel Walter Hitchcock wrote:Freedom is not Free!

To

Freedom is not!

That's really scary, when you think about it!

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:04 am

Errr, revealing the daemonistic behaviour of Curt and co. demeaning your friends is wasting your time? You have a lot to learn in life, Lego. I did not want to believe the selfish argument, but i am starting to now.

Kind regards, Vincent

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 am

Vincent, I'm not quite sure what your point is there.

But anyway, I certainly do have a lot to learn. I would not be a teenager if I did not.
And I make silly mistakes, such as posting this topic. I can't even remember why I wanted to post it.

''Causing my friends to lose dignity and respect'' (thanks Google -- I learn a new word every day) was certainly not my intention, and clearly would be very rude. I should not have done this.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 am

Yes, you are surely missing the point here. It is not you that is ''Causing your friends to lose dignity and respect'', but Curt and co.

Kind regards Vincent

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks for clarifying!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:21 am

And here is the selfish argument: You can know if you read here that Curt and co. are mistreating decent people you might call your friends. Every possible evidence for that mistreatment is brought to you here. Yet you say, i do not want to know it (it is wasting your time), and you want to continue believing that the guy who hurts your friends is a good guy. That is wanting to have the cake and eat it. If you eat it, you do not have it. How much you may hope you can have both, in the grown up world you know you sometimes have to make choices. For yourself or your friends (which is actually also for yourself).

I am not here to say what you should choose. If you think your friends are at Curt and co. then go with them. If you think your friends are here, do not allow them to be hurt by Curt and co. You simply can not have both. Have curt hurt your friends here, and love him.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Free Speech”