gsagostinho

Free speech and open source development
bomber

gsagostinho

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:23 pm

So what really did happen to gsagostinho to make him quit FG. ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: gsagostinho

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Few know exactly. In summary, I heard (unverifiable) that Thorsten started ill-speaking his efforts on regional textures, and Gilbert saw the ball rolling downhill. He knew that fighting Thorsten meant facing severe consequences, and he also felt not valued as he found (and I agree) he deserves [*].
To avoid being in situations like ours he preferred dispensing flightgear of his talent.

Yet another lose caused by the inflated ego of the all-knowing.

I always thought that Gilbert should have joined us instead, but I feel he had made his vote of confidence to the other side (in the "Us vs Them" non-sense) and thus he fell off the cracks. In any case, given his great talents, I'd love to see him join us here.

___Footnote

[*] Thorsten indeed reverted commits of Gilbert contributions to textures in FGDATA, reverting great improvements on California; under the excuse that he needs to make quite serious revisions (which I speculate will never happen)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Re: gsagostinho

Postby Octal450 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:33 am

Shame on you Thorsten!

Regards,

Return to “Free Speech”