The new Flame war, back to the basics

Free speech and open source development
IAHM-COL

The new Flame war, back to the basics

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Ok, Boys, with the new flame war fueled by Curtis and Thorsten

Back to the basics. What do we care for:?

That we maintain the liberties of:

Freedom 0
  • The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose

I know you don't get it, so I'll translate for you. It means we will use it to do anything we wish. We decide to not use it, or use it as well, using our will, not your bans. We can use flightgear as a typewriter, or as an oven to bake cakes, or as a flightsimulator; our choice. We could print the source code and paint another

ON IT

Our choice.

Freedom 1
  • The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Nice one. Be ready. It means, if we are free to change this piece of work. To make it work as we wish. To do computing as we wish. Speaking of making a typewriter of fightgear... nasal code comes to mind. but if it does not fit, we can twisted and twirl-it.
Is Reverse engineering fair -GPL- game? NO IT IS NOT. Read back, you are expected to give us the source code (as you do!) so we can just limit ourselves to forward engineering and trash all guess-work.

This freedom means you don't control how WE metamorphose your product, including, per example a massive github-ification. So computing happens as we wish/ as it is more convenient for us (and --as Hooray say-- if you stop stomping; more convenient for you as well)

Freedom 2
  • The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).

Speaking of github-ify? GPL license allows anyone to share, and kills the intends of selfish Finnish guys. Hey! anyone, want a copy of the new World Scenery distribution system FGMEMBERS-TerraGIT ? Serve yourself, be free. You take all the freedoms listed here with your copy.
(and since we operate different than the official channels: if you make something wonderful, and new, and novel, and creative == share the word!, we want to get a copy too, we want to enjoy your next new marvel! you can participate and create in the all-open table!)

Freedom 3
  • The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

This is the cherry on the cake. We take with us the liberty to make the world we want. The happy world, the world that updates, the world that accepts new layouts and new QGis, and patch it. Make it soooo patched that looks extraterrestrial. It is going to be awesome. Torsten doesnt want?! I know. Thorsten says "its my GPL copyright"? Ok great.

Free Flight. Free Speech!

FREE SOFTWARE! FREE USERS
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Re: The new Flame war, back to the basics

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:40 pm

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:58 pm

The sooner what has to happen happens the better
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:32 pm

And it continues with bomber and it0uchpods being banned!

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:46 pm

It's only 24 hours..... I've had far longer bans from FG..
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Well I think I'm on my way to a permanent ban. During that one day, I got several messges "Board warning issues"

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:50 pm

bomber wrote:It's only 24 hours..... I've had far longer bans from FG..

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Although banned for 24 hours. ... I've noticed that not one of my posted were deleted.

So my crime is trolling... considering Thorsten's first post in response to the terragit announcement.. If that's not a negative trolling post I'll eat my hat.

"It's a pity you can't bring yourself to collaborate on creating a unified FG terrain - but it's GPL, fork away"

Simon.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:11 pm

3 of mine were deleted.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:17 pm

bomber wrote:I'll eat my hat.

Simon.

It is sooooo trolling that you better begin now eating the hat!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=377&start=60#p6652
Myself wrote:someone trying to spark controversies? How unfit and uncommon!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Free Speech”