Why are teenagers so immature?

Free speech and open source development
legoboyvdlp

Why are teenagers so immature?

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Why are teenagers these days so immature?
Now, I think the only two exceptions are pardon, myself, and Mig29Pilot, who is quite mature. But we are not so mature.

For example, in his own words, a certain teenager 'doesn't know any airport except for KSFO'. I mean; anyone with half a brain could tell you what KJFK or EGKK look like from the air.
I am not saying he has less than half a brain. He just does not seem to take FlightGear seriously.

Many teenagers fail to use proper grammar and English. They tlk in bad grimmir, u know? Ttyl. Am I just wierd or do people not learn proper grammar at school?

Finally, am I wierd for studying Airbus manuals?

By the way, I am including myself here.
Last edited by legoboyvdlp on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Re: Why are teenagers so immature?

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:37 pm

I shouldn't be laughing, but....
'What's FG run? and where do I find the terrasink?'
Latest gem from the 'official' forums.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:08 am

The answer is simple, because they are teenagers. They are not supposed to be mature.

Kind regards, Vincent
Last edited by KL-666 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

Vincent, I quite agree with you. However, all it takes is a bit of effort.
I know I sound like some ancient person, but to my mind one should try and, you know, be professional?
Well, not professional, but serious. That is, they do not appear to take FlightGear seriously, or care enough to do proper flight planning. To them, it's just a game, and 'the developers' (man, how I hate that word -- after all, ANYONE can be a developer. Anyone with a computer can be. ) are just people to be shouted at in bad grammar that they must, absolutely, right now, drop everything, and fix this bug.

Please excuse me. I see your point about that.

the average teenager post looks like this you know do u think im right

Obviously, there are exceptions. Yet, these days, most teenagers that I know do not care to take the time or effort to write sensible posts.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:53 am

It IS just a game. How far you want to take your involvement is just up to you. Some people spend more time, some less. Can't really blame any group for that.

I do think however that some forget that this is open-source and development is voluntary. So complaining about the lack of progress looks bad.

As for a general lack of maturity and poor language skills I'd say that they're young so that explains a lack of maturity. I also think a lot of people these days are annoyingly egocentric, which is what kids are anyway so it's just sort of compounded. Everyone's kid can't be special compared to all others at the same time, if you know what I mean. As for language I think we should be careful. Some people actually didn't get a good education which wasn't their fault, some are dyslexic, also not their fault, some don't have English as a first language, and some.... well.... criticism is perhaps valid there.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:18 am

Part of the problem may be that so many spend so much time on phones, and similar electronic devices, which unless carefully used may negatively affect people, especially 'text speech' which really looks awful, like, ukr.
Please note: I unclude myself here. I already spend way too much time browsing the internet.

While I do get that they are not adults, I feel that society would be positively affected if teenagers were to become more mature, responsible people quickly. This is not helped by mobile phones. Of course, not everything is bad. They are great for boring times in the car :) You may say, "there is time enough for that". That is true, yet, with over ten percent of the world's population teenagers, this undoubtedly has a major impact in the future, when they suddendly have to realise that their boss will not like a message saying "sry boss I will be l8 today ^_^".
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:55 am

legoboyvdlp wrote:Part of the problem may be that so many spend so much time on phones, and similar electronic devices, which unless carefully used may negatively affect people, especially 'text speech' which really looks awful, like, ukr.

I agree.

legoboyvdlp wrote:While I do get that they are not adults, I feel that society would be positively affected if teenagers were to become more mature, responsible people quickly. This is not helped by mobile phones. Of course, not everything is bad. They are great for boring times in the car :) You may say, "there is time enough for that". That is true, yet, with over ten percent of the world's population teenagers, this undoubtedly has a major impact in the future, when they suddendly have to realise that their boss will not like a message saying "sry boss I will be l8 today ^_^".

Well, I think they often get coddled the wrong way by adults. They're all special snowflakes and everyone else has to respect them. Well, I'm of the opinion that sometimes you reap what you sow. I think some learn only when that boss you mention gives them crap for not speaking proper English, and then won't back down when the kids go crying to the Human Resources Department. Sometimes it takes a different adult to teach them something when their own parents fail.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Lydiot I think you have hit the nail on the head--it's just not being brought up properly, and being let loose to their own devices without any sort of discipline and order. Half the time they get whatever they want whatever they do, they are always provided for, and nowadays are rarely reprimanded or censured; they become selfish and self centered as a result, as well as completely irresponsible and take things for granted. Then when they leave the cosy family who provided everything and get into the world they are hopeless.

That's why discipline is so important: it's teaching the child how to fight the hardest struggle of all--conquering their own desires. Once they have the strength of character to conquer their own desires they have the strength of character for any struggle. Punish them for wrong, censure them for insults, misbehavior, &c., and they will be more alert to doing wrong, more sensitive, and more responsible.

P.S. The reason they don't speak properly is because schools don't seem to teach Grammar anymore; instead, they teach nonsense, fuddle, and Algebra. Hanged if I know why they need so much money to teach nonsense, fuddle, and Algebra.
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:04 pm

Nonsense, fuddle, and Algebra :)
Exactly it.

Your points are very true Lydiot.
It seems to be a problem in society.... it would make the world a much better place for a few spanks.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:40 am

Lydiot wrote:Sometimes it takes a different adult to teach them something when their own parents fail.

Most secondary time is spent at school.That is the reason why i have always thought that teachers should have some sort of degree in raising children, and that there should be made time for at schools. I am not thinking along any line of spanking btw, but responsible raising.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Free Speech”