Concorde, 747 and A380 vs Paro

Post here the craziest flight actions, we will make a poll at some point and do something with the pictures. Only hell knows what, but that's the nature of a Prize for outstanding Craziness!
V12

Re: Concorde, 747 and A380 vs Paro

Postby V12 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Yes, B737 flying nice.
ImageImage

V12

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Dreamliner visited Paro !
Approaching :

Landing speed 170 KIAS :

Touchdown at 160 KIAS :

Full stop :

And fgtape : https://ulozto.net/!246hLSuinygS/787-8- ... 723-fgtape

Who said B787 can't fly and everytime fall into the stall ??? Yes, autoland needs fine tuning, but localizer works very well. This bird I downloaded from https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/787-8.
ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:24 pm

amazing Job V12. You are kinda fearless~!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Now testing slightly modified 787-8, because original omega hangar version has very small Y axis moment of inertia and on the elevators inputs reacts as wild horse - absolutly unrealistic (like son's favourit Citation X). After this modification, with 787 will land at Paro any rookie with basic experiences.
ImageImage

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:59 am

Ok, really weird - a very short RWY on a big plane as A380???? Or Concorde....... I am curious what was the landing speed???? And how you did not overheat the brakes after touchdown???? I am pretty sure that it was stall speed on touchdown. Even if it was not I do not get it - how the heck you managed to land it in the beginning of the RWY on such pitch gliding from very high mountains to shot RWY. This is unrealistic. This has not realism at all. In real conditions, this is not possible. Because is too short RWY the glide path is too high and I am pretty sure that the flare has to take serious amount of distance to make it. I do not get it - why you think this is interesting? This is bragging. Total bragging of skills you can not use in the real aviation world. The biggest plane that lands on this RWY in real conditions is A320. No bigger. There is a reason why big planes need longer RWY's - There is a default speed of Takeoff and Landing. A380 lands on 160 KTS. You are telling me that less than a 5000 feet RWY is enough to land successfully A380. No way. No fricking way. There is a technical time till the plane slow down speed after touchdown. From 160 KTS to 15 KTS is a big amount of slowing down. Even with full speed brakes and auto brakes, it is impossible. Do not have the time to drag fast enough after touchdown. BTW This is a feedback for you, V12. Such thing as ultra - long-haul commercial airplanes to land there- no fricking way. No chance in hell. Next time checkup please flightradar24. It is a feedback about real aviation. Which you obviously do not understand at all.
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

V12

Postby V12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:23 am

This is simulation, not real life ;) . In the real life nobody will try land at Paro with anything bigger than A320. And successfull land at Paro with Concorde, 777, 787 or A380 :shock: is clear evidence of the not realistic dynamics model of that aircrafts. Land with 747-8i without payload and minimum fuel on board should not be too sci-fi based on this data :

And as You can see, in my attempt (no payload, no pax, minimum fuel) I used almost all runway length and burned brakes :

When You will land with 20-30kts headwind, things will be even better.

There was a very nice and funny event at Paro - read more at viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1180 ;)
ImageImage

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 am

I do not get it - are you want to show- off your skills and bragging with them or you want to make insane staff..... Whats the point? I realize that this is Flight simulation, but no more or less it needs realism. Yes, they have crappy FDM's, but that does not mean to show off not real skills to pilot aircraft. After all, I thought that commercial planes have to be used for commercial flights. There are so many challenges for them, like, for example, to make ILS approach with AIRAC with airplane used to use Default SID and APP. Like today I decided to use AIRAC on a flight from KSFO to PHNL. It takes 7 times until the plane recognizes the LOC and the G/s. Because instead of 3 waypoints he had one with an altitude of 2700 feet. I need to go back several times after disconnecting the MP to make the plane do good ILS APP and manual landing with disconnected A/p at 400 feet callout. It was a challenge for 777 of FG to make it because usually Route manager contains only one option for SID and one option for an APP without a star.
Also - to make IFR APP at non-ILS airports, like LPMA - that makes sense, because there is the only VOR that helps for half of the job.
There is a realistic way to make a good challenging APP at Paro - take A320 from VIDP and make the usual flight from VIDP to VQPR. And use realistic AIRAC for the APP and then manually.
Also, there is another airport's with challenging app - like Phuket. Or the 28R LDA G/s at KSFO. Also in Bangalore, India there is a challenging APP like in Phuket.
This is suggestions, not arguing, to be exact. Sory if I offend you.
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

V12

Postby V12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 am

You can't offense me, because You were first, who started debate about take off or land at VQPR with large airliner ;)
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 09#p313909
ImageImage

Return to “The Willy ... the prize for outstanding craziness!”