[SOLVED] Liveries for Dummies?

LesterBoffo

[SOLVED] Liveries for Dummies?

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 am

This is something that as a 3D artist, is a bit vexing. I'm still having trouble with the whole FG coding of liveries.

In particular the past WWI planes I've submitted could have extra liveries, and many of them did in FS-WWI, but since they use dedicated and separate wing and fuselage textures, it makes the process of integrating them not work.

At least in my case.

The Fokker DR1 from FG integrated with the textures from FS-WWI is a good example, There are over 6 different textures for the Fokker Tripe in FS-WWI, and I've tried to get 5 of them to work but It just ends up with the default texture and no working list in the menubar. I tried to use the FG liveries Wiki article as best I could, still it's not real clear about more than one livery texture.

IAHM-COL

Re: Liveries for Dummies?

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 am

I can help! :D

I have been able to install livery systems in a handful of aircraft, and certainly can walk you thru the rarities in FG.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 am

Do you have my redone version of the fkdri? it's got the liveries in their folder and a modded animation .xml, but I've disabled the liveries in the animation .xml.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ro6g27gwa2cf2vb/fkdr1.zip

It's also textured with art from FS-WWI so I have it listed as restricted, not sure how Erik Hofman gonna like that, but there's no real license mentioned in it's -set file or the model .xml... :?:

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Thank you Israel, I really appreciate the effort.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 am

I think I've straightened it out, it had two animation .xml's that were causing the main problem, in addition to some issues with the texture names and object hierarchy. All the liveries work, now just gotta fix all the other issues.. :?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 am

awesome!
I could nt find the issue on my side :P

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Here's a teaser..Image

Also has pilot figure, working guns and engine with effects for ground dust, engine smoke, etc.

And the JN-4 in March Field colors.

Return to “Liveries”