Discord

J Maverick 16

Re: Discord

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Even if there aren't many or no ATCs on Discord, there are still plenty of good reasons to test it out ;) .
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 pm

ATCs are mostly for commercial flying, big jets, what Vincent does. Mav does all that fighter jet stuff (sorry, I am not firm in that terminology) and fighting factions against each other. So, two different requirements, two different technologies used. Which means, it is never always just one or the other.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 am

ATCs too could use discord.

If all pilots are on discord, they would be forced to switch. And people who are into controlled flying could enjoy without any trolls. ;)
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 am

It's pointless. ATCs wont go over because of things.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:23 pm

I am an ATC.
I am on Discord.
I am not on Mumble.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 am

And the rest are on Mumble.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 07, 2017 7:27 pm

I tried this but

https://discordapp.com/terms

You agree not to (and not to attempt to) (i) use the Service for any use or purpose other than as expressly permitted by these Terms or (ii) copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Service or any portion of the Service, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by the Company or its licensors, except for the permissions and rights expressly granted in these Terms.

That sounds like something Richard wants to take part into. Not me.

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All rights, title and interest in and to all materials that are part of the Service (including, but not limited to, designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement), except for Your Data, collectively referred to as the "Service Materials", are, as between the Company and you, owned by the Company and/or its third party licensors. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not acquire any ownership rights whatsoever by downloading Service Materials or by purchasing any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods (each as defined below).
You agree that you shall not modify, copy, distribute, frame, reproduce, republish, download, scrape, display, post, transmit, or sell in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, or otherwise exploit the Service Materials without our express prior written permission. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Service or by accessing any Service Materials posted on the Service by the Company, or any derivative works thereof. All rights not expressly granted by these Terms are reserved by the Company and its licensors, and no license is granted hereunder by estoppel, implication or otherwise.

Translation: Discord says: What's mine is mine!

YOUR DATA
Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Data.” You represent and warrant that Your Data is original to you and that you exclusively own the rights to such content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms without the Company incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. All of Your Data is your sole responsibility and the Company is not responsible for any material that you upload, post, or otherwise make available.
By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy.
The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, quality, or integrity of any user content posted.
By using the Service you acknowledge and accept that you may be exposed to material you find offensive or objectionable. You agree that the Company will not under any circumstances be liable for any user content, including, but not limited to, errors in any user content, or any loss or damage incurred by use of user content.
The Company reserves the right to remove and permanently delete Your Data from the Service with or without notice for any reason or no reason. You may notify the Company of any user content that you believe violates these Terms, or other inappropriate user behavior, by emailing support@discordapp.com.

Translation:
You agree with Discord that what's yours is theirs.

Why would someone in their right mind agree with this, is beyond me. I already sent a termination of account request to those abusers.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 am

OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:22 pm

I think you are taking therms of agreement out of context. It says specifically that the data etc. is yours. It seems to me they are simply asserting the right to transfer it when you post it. Its similar Android agreements. Also this FG server is not military oriented. I think Jwocky was implying that but i may have misread. Anyway we have many ATC channels and can make more. I could make a Jwocky's workshop thst coukd actualy be a workshop and not just explaining via voice. Jou could drop code for dummies like me to paste into whstever .xml file needs fixed. I think it would compliment this forum. I challenge Jwocky to come and see for himself. :)

All the best,
Steve

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:43 pm

I am under water on all fronts, so nothing happens fast with me right now.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Multiplayer Servers”