FGMEMBERS Server & The FG MP Network

HOM001

FGMEMBERS Server & The FG MP Network

Postby HOM001 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:43 pm

So, I read on the wiki that most of the servers are interconnected. Over here (http://mpserver12.org/about-us/), I read that fgms can send/recieve feeds from other servers. Could we connect our server to their network so traffic will show up on the regular mpmap?
I bring this up because KL-666 had a good point. Most people find out about the Tour by seeing a huge line of jets flying across the map.
FGAF_P3

legoboyvdlp

Re: FGMEMBERS Server & The FG MP Network

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 pm

While we could, and would be willing (speaking for myself and what I'm sure most others here feel), I'm 99% sure they wouldn't.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Omega

Postby Omega » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:25 am

Doing it is quite simple. We just need to ask Oliver Schroeder (maintainer of mpserver01) to add FGMEMBERS as a relay server. And because mpserver01 is a "hub" server, all other servers will be interconnected with ours.

However by doing such thing, the server will no longer fulfill its purpose. The purpose is to create an independent and prosperous community; where everyone knows each other and group flights are a common occasion.

The official mpserver ecosystem is the exact opposite of that; because it is a system full of users with malicious intentions. Largely because these users are rather inexperienced. Therefore they treat FlightGear as a game, instead of a community.

In regards to the USA Tour, every participant is always in Mumble. Those that find out about it through the mpmap and decide to join, are most often pilots with malicious intentions. They think it's fun to fly around at Mach 2 and use bombable to target other aircraft, or to fly in close proximity in order to trigger TCAS RAs.

One may argue that we can simply use the ignore function - but even better, how about not having to deal with them at all?

Most people find out about the tour through the forum or mumble; because they are the more experienced users. The rest are usually trolls.

The bottom line is I'm not planning to expand FGMEMBERS as proposed, unless I see a good reason to do so in the future.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:43 am

@omega, +1 especially since there were several people (hitler, unknown, ghasto) bothering us last leg. I will never forget the sound of those belchs. :ROFL:
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 am

Hello Omega,

Your ideal of a prosperous community, i would find nice too. But i do not see how such thing can be maintained.

If this server gets popular, you will inevitably get problematic people too. Are you going to ban them, because you do not like them? Are you not creating a second mpserver12 then?

In a closed community, you do not meet new people by accident anymore. On the mpservers i mostly meet adults with whom it is nice to fly with, so the airports are not so empty. Just occasionally there is a little brat. In most cases it is not a problem and after some shouting and being ignored he goes away. Just once i have seen a real malignant troll that tried to disturb communications, and came back day after day.

Apart from that, i believe that part a community is bringing up the youngsters. Jomo does a good job by giving little brats a new chance daily. And i have seen many successes where these guys have grown into serious flyers.

Kind regards, Vincent

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

KL-666 wrote:Are you going to ban them, because you do not like them?

Banning somebody who is disturbing is quite different from banning someone whom you don't like. :shock:

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Omega wrote:In regards to the USA Tour, every participant is always in Mumble. Those that find out about it through the mpmap and decide to join, are most often pilots with malicious intentions..

*coughs*
FGAF_P3

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

simbambim wrote:
KL-666 wrote:Are you going to ban them, because you do not like them?

Banning somebody who is disturbing is quite different from banning someone whom you don't like. :shock:

+1
FGAF_P3

Return to “Multiplayer Servers”