Allfex Mumble chat server is going away in December?

SHM

Re: Allfex Mumble chat server is going away in December?

Postby SHM » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Wecsje wrote:Not much of a reason then... Zenserv is fine imo, everyone used it before when the Allfex mumble was down. I still prefer discord tho, but the zenserv mumble should be fine for the needs to communicate in events and have atc...

C.

That is exactly what I think.

@Josh Do you've a link?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm

I would like a mumble by It0ouchpods BECAUSE it is trustworthy. Just my two cents.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Wecsje

Postby Wecsje » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Zenzerv is trustworthy aswell...
Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/wecsjelive
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FlightSims United discord (https://discord.me/flightsimsunited), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:26 pm

@SHM
What link? To the mumble? (See below)

@Wecsje
I disagree you, but fine.

I have decided I will create the server, and it will be users choice whether or not to use it.
When it is set up (I will post), it will be "itpns.ddns.net" with port 64738 (default).

Kind Regards,
Josh

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:31 pm

I still don't understand this enthrallment with Discord. It's a complete fiasco, it's a bloated, half functional app, with way too many questions about it's security, what you lose in agreeing to their terms, and it's potential for access to your own computer's data.

Not to mention the first reply after I attempted to use it was a mocking of my machine's OS.

I can barely use their typing chat function while there. all I really need is a voice over internet chat connection that is UN-obtrusive, runs on less than 100K of internal memory, and allows you to share web links. Mumble is fine for this.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:40 pm

I somewhat agree. I run Windows Vista on most of my machines, and get the same mockery from Discord.

However -- it works perfectly fine -- while I don't 100% agree with their policies regarding data, it doesn't overly bother me.

If it's running badly, then you might have a weaker system.

Kind Regards,
Josh

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 pm

jwocky wrote:I would like a mumble by It0ouchpods BECAUSE it is trustworthy. Just my two cents.

Josh meant he didn't like the admins there and not zenserv which seems to have nice reputation.
So zenserv is also trust worthy.

I still didnt find any problems with the admins over there. There are already channels for ATCing and you can create any channel under the temp channel category.

Just contact whoosh if you've any problem. The rest of the team seems to be only-French speaking.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm

LesterBoffo wrote:I still don't understand this enthrallment with Discord. It's a complete fiasco, it's a bloated, half functional app, with way too many questions about it's security, what you lose in agreeing to their terms, and it's potential for access to your own computer's data.

Not to mention the first reply after I attempted to use it was a mocking of my machine's OS.

I can barely use their typing chat function while there. all I really need is a voice over internet chat connection that is UN-obtrusive, runs on less than 100K of internal memory, and allows you to share web links. Mumble is fine for this.

I mean c'mon windows XP/Vista is too old. You can't expect developers to still support it.
Other than that, me and many others here use discord on a daily basis and we've no problems whatsover with it.

Discord is not just a VoIP service it almost runs like a forum. All the text is saved there, and the voice and text channels are separated. So you don't have to be in a voice channel to send a message to the clan. Also, it's almost 100% troll free.
Last edited by SHM on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Awesome.
thanks Josh for providing a mumble server now that the good old allfex is coming down.

Maybe we can let Jomo know this will be an alternative once the old server shuts off?
I say, SM, let's get into this server instead?

Code: Select all

itpns.ddns.net
port 64738 (default)

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:12 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Maybe we can let Jomo know this will be an alternative once the old server shuts off?

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 35#p316188
Last edited by SHM on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Multiplayer Servers”