Operation Unicorn Thunder

OPFOR77

Operation Unicorn Thunder

Postby OPFOR77 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm

This is the monthly OpRedFlag major event! If you'd like to participate but aren't comfortable in fighters, we could also use AWACS, SR-71, and transport operators! Just be prepared to get shot at. Sign up in this thread or at http://opredflag.shivtr.com - sign ups close 48 hours prior to the event starting. We do have a minimum age of 14.

For more info about general rules, logistics rules, and anything else, head to http://opredflag.shivtr.com.

---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------
January 21st and 22nd
Saturday 1800z - 2400z and Sunday 0400z-1000z
----------------------------------------------

Requirements
-Updated OPRF aircraft
-Terrain for the Canadian Rockies (default terrasync is ok)
-oprf_assets installed https://github.com/l0k1/oprf_assets
-Discord access

Background
After the United States was defeated by Russia earlier in the year, the Russians moved southeast into British Columbia, thereby declaring war on Canada as well. NATO has set up operations in South BC to push out the Russians out of the Rockies.

A/O
NATO starts at CYXC.
Russia starts at CYZY.
No hard-and-fast border limits on this one.

Objective
Each team will be given 3 depots - 1 hardened (3000 HP), and 2 not hardened (500HP). The 2 which are not hardened shall act as decoys. NATO will place (or have an admin place) their depots within 50nm of their home airport, and Russia will place theirs within 100nm. The reason for the distance disparity is due to available terrain to hide in, as well as availability of nearby airports. The first team to knock out the other teams hardened depot wins. (if you need help setting the HP of the depot, please let pinto know)

Logistics
Default logistics rules will be in effect. pinto will provide a spreadsheet for each team. Each home base will have infinite supplies of fuel and armament. Each team will be responsible for tracking logistics - please create a new spreadsheet tab for each airport (copy the default tab supplied with the spreadsheet).

An opposing team can push the other team out of an airfield by either a C-130J paratrooper drop or by landing a helicopter at that airfield. In the process of taking over, all munitions and fuel stored at the airport are destroyed.

An airfield can be completely disallowed to both teams by a B-1B bombing.

Each team will be given 2 SAMs. Each team can only place 1 SAM at a time, and it must be within the same radius that the depot placement is using. After a SAM is placed, it requires 10 minutes to set up before it can be fired.

Defectors
Each team captain may reach out to a member of the opposing team to have them become a defector. If you are solicited, you are required to attempt a defection. Each team captain may only solicit one defector at a time, and each team may only have a maximum of one defector.

After a team captain has selected the defector, the defector will need to successfully fly from the old team's home airfield to the new team's home airfield. If the defector is shot down, the defection has failed. The new team may not solicit another defector, and the defector must remain with the old team for the remainder of the event.

If the defector is successful, he may share all available intel with the new team, and is treated as a member of the new team. He may defect back to the old team as well.

Discord
A channel will be set up in our Discord server called #event_updates. If your team knocks out a depot, notices one of your depots is knocked out, places logistics at an airport, places paratroopers at an airport, lands a helicopter at an airport, or disallows an airport with a B-1B bombing, has a successful defect, or any other major event occurrence, post the event WITH SCREENSHOT to the #event_updates channel (please note regarding the defector: you only need to notify once the defector has been successful). The #event_updates channel is to be only used for this purpose, any chatter outside of this will be deleted.

Each team will be provided with a text channel and a voice channel in the OPRF Discord Server, however creating a server specifically for your team is also allowed.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

KL-666

Re: Operation Unicorn Thunder

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 am

OPFOR77 wrote:We do have a minimum age of 14.

And how did you want to check on that? I mean, i can easily say the other way around on internet, even though i am much older.

Kind regards, Vincent

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 am

My inner 13 year old takes exception to this rule.. :P

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:54 am

KL-666 wrote:And how did you want to check on that? I mean, i can easily say the other way around on internet, even though i am much older.

Kind regards, Vincent

Let us worry about enforcing our group's rules.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 am

:shock:

I agree with no shooting children down the skies

:geek: :lol:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

valery

Postby valery » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 am

A chance to provide a new Bell412 with damage. Will try to make it before Jan the 21th.

Meanwhile, some questions about the event:
- fgcom supported during the event ?
- I saw some choppers in the fighter list, what are their meanings/goals (ie. amongst teams of hi-speed fighters) ?

Thanks,

Val.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Valery,

valery wrote:- fgcom supported during the event ?

We recently (a couple months ago) migrated from mumble to discord. All of our in-game communication is using discord now, we aren't currently using fgcom.

valery wrote:- I saw some choppers in the fighter list, what are their meanings/goals (ie. amongst teams of hi-speed fighters) ?

This upcoming event is really the first major event to have a utility for them, but generally we use them for SAR (when we do SAR operations). An upcoming event might feature them more prominently. But, yes, heli's are largely sitting ducks at the moment.

We generally take the view that if a person develops a aircraft with damageability and a decent FDM then it can be used for getting hours towards ranks, and used in events - as long as the damage model is kept current as new munitions are added. We currently have the CH-53E available for this purprose as our only helicopter (the UH-60J and SH-60J have incomplete damage model incorporation), but the UH-1 should be added soon, after some minor bugs are ironed out by the developer.

Helicopters could also be used to haul supplies into airports that would be hard to land at with one of the bigger transports.

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 am

The UH-60j and SH-60J now have complete damage. ;)

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:39 am

valery wrote:A chance to provide a new Bell412 with damage. Will try to make it before Jan the 21th.

Meanwhile, some questions about the event:
- fgcom supported during the event ?
- I saw some choppers in the fighter list, what are their meanings/goals (ie. amongst teams of hi-speed fighters) ?

Thanks,

Val.

We have damage and guns working on the Huey's, Uh-1 212, and 412 but I am having trouble figuring out how to get the fuel consumption working so if anyone wants to help out on this it would also be a go.

Swamp

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 am

Never mind I figured it out.

Return to “Multiplayer Events”