Mumble Trolling

IAHM-COL

Mumble Trolling

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Mumble trolling

Hi All.
For those informed of Curtis' Forum, you will notice Thorsten and Curtis hijacking of the Mumble trolling thread for political leverage. Totally yikes (puking time!)

Now, I've heard. You've heard. I've been PMed. You've been PMed that there is a conversation to be had about the mumble server(s).

I agree. But I think it should be a transparent conversation, not a series of secret PMs. all of which are incomplete.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: Mumble Trolling

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:39 pm

The Background

We use the mumble channels for multiplayer activities on allfex for many years now. It had come to resort as a default due to the failure of FGCom stability, and other many advantages on a mumble platform. In the old days (airH5) we used Teamspeak, in our own channel (just as FGUK does still today), but we resorted to move towards opensource on mumble, and to attempt at community integration (off course)

That way the allfex channel became a point of meet. Our coffee shop. And our voice-system for multiplayer events.

It was never officially a FlightGear (read Curtis-owns-it/pays for it) infrastructure

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:44 pm

A new Channel

Currently, users like Falcon/iT0uchpods (not the same person) are interested in creating their own channels.
When they offered this, Bugman blocked them from the infrastructure. Banning them from the forum and locking the Wiki.

This is my take.

They are and should be able to offer more channels if they wish. And they should be entitled to promote these on the wiki as well; as I understand they never deleted the other channel information, so I think that's fair game.
But bugman deleting their information is beyond my abilities to understand what is that dude playing at (or another take at the meaning of "mumble trolling").

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Who do I support?

Currently, I support the old channel at allfex.

Why?

Because I disagree with the motivations behind the new channel.

There is a growing interests to gain administrative control over the communication channel. Read - able to ban as needed.
I deeply disagree with such intent, and ultimately, it makes me happy to have access to a channel (allfex) that just dont resort to such terms. PERIOD.

I myself had been victim of abuse of infrastructure, and I dont feel I am willing to give that much power to teenagers (read Falcon and Itouchpods)
They can have their own channel but I hope they stop being willing to see such channel becoming the official or the one.

In other hand, I see too much greed to gain such administrative power as well.

Honestly, if you feel you are too much of a kid to deal with someone entering the channel and spreading obscenities, you probably ARE. And you must make that personal decision and log off. Don't expect that if you dont have the maturity to deal with it, to have the maturity to have the nuke-button. (I am talking about franco-scene on the last practice session. He was clearly trolling. And you clearly fed him)

In addition I deffend KOL (Djim) and Oscar (AR2234). I have deal with both, and yes, they are young and as such can be obnoxious. But they are honestly interested in playing with you guys, and learn. I actually remember Djim going to the USA tour with the hardest plane and crashing without hope. and TALKING A LOT. Fair game. I like his enthusiasm and his self-trust. And you guys (it0uchpods, lego, falcon) and giving them your back to become your pals, your friends, and your FGers. You are fighting like kids, and it is not my role to be a father. So you solve your own issues.

As a point, KOL did came to my RJBB practice session, and very succesfully flew a plane in. Quite some progress from the USA Tour events where he could barely take off. So KOL is learning. And only with inclussion and friendliness you can make them (KOL and Oscar) good friends, and hopefully a productive ones as well.

So drop your power hungry and never learn these tricks from Curt.

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed May 04, 2016 4:07 pm

We reserve the right to ban due to repeated trolling, which does not stop after several warnings.

Explict conent will automatically recieve a kick -- extreme language also. If this is repeated, the user may be banned for a short period.

Users such as Coocoo, who have proven themselves to be insane, will be banned permanently.

AA2234 and Djim are very nice people, but they also do need to be careful. Djim is very nice, but a little warning about language might help. Oscar needs to learn what is not appropriate in a Mumble channel. And they both ought to learn that they should respect Jorg Emmerich at Frankfurt, and not destroy Mumble channels or disrupt operations.

Very glad that Djim has improved a lot in his flying skills :)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 4:09 pm

You guys can reserve any right you want to in your channel. But such right of ban prevents me to use that channel for much anything.
And as such, I don't sit behind you to make your channel any official or subofficial at all, and maintain myself behind alffex infrastructure as possible.

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed May 04, 2016 4:09 pm

I too support the allfex server. Come on now, the guy has been providing infrastructure ever since I joined!

And I find the rules set in the new server seem too childish.:|
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Ahh lego, not an immediate kick, if it does not stop after several asks, and is DAMAGING to the FG community, then its a kick (notice, not a ban)
After repeated kicks, a ban may be in place for a certain period of time, and they will have another chance.

Regards,

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:22 pm

And bugman just jumped to conclusions, he did not ban Falcon and me for creating it, at that time he didn't even know of it. But since the way the timing worked out, he thought it was an FGMEMBERS Hijack (stupid) and therefore locked the wiki. It is now unlocked, he says they have all calmed down. So I don't see the real issue here Israel?

Regards,

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 4:28 pm

The real issue here is that I disagree with making official a mumble channel that has any banning policy at all to gain any strenght. (you can have and pay for as many channels as you want, off course)

I dont even care who handles the banning. But if behind the hammer you have a group of teenagers, that is just more concerning to me. :D

R.M.S.

Return to “Multiplayer Events”