Which software?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

N3266G

Re: [VATSIM] Dubai 2017 World Tour

Postby N3266G » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 pm

SHM wrote:
J Maverick 16 wrote:B) If times are US-centered, no way I can make it also because the legs are way too long for my available time.

@Falcon that is true for me too. By 16-17Z the event should at least start.

And the reason why Falcon is running the event on the VATSIM server is because he has moved onto X-Plane.

I Was planning on starting the event at around 15-1600Z, an allowable delay of 1 hr making the dep. time AT THE LATEST 17:00z. Just to make it accessable for everyone. alleviates some concerns there.

As to the reason I am running on VATSIM: There are more people willing to participate on long haul events, Some of us are already on there, And you guys remember those graphic glitches that I had before? I don't get those on X-Plane and I can actually run it on decent graphics, versus the low settings I was forced to run on with FG.
Image Image

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Can't remember it was some time ago, Squawkgear or whatever. But even if it worked, I wouldn't use it anyway.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Wecsje

Postby Wecsje » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi all,

I would love to attend the tour (will need to see if it the times don't conflict with real life tho).

Now just to clarify some stuff: To connect to VATSIM, we use Squawkbox (747), this program "imports and exports" the traffic to VATSIM from/to FG. The bridge to FG is done with squawkgear. To see VATSIM traffic, you have to be connected to multiplayer, as squawkgear "injects" the VATSIM traffic as FGMP traffic. You can specify which server it should do this, for example if you want to use a custom server. Most traffic in VATSIM is seen as Lufthansa A320's, although this is maybe not as good as seeing the correct plane type, you can atleast see them, a small part of the VATSIM traffic is vissible in the "correct" plane type. And why VATSIM rocks: better ATC (real life procedures and higly realistic) and way more traffic (ussually, on less busy times about 500+ aircraft are connected, during busy times this can be 1000+). I myself now use a custom server, which I use to input the VATSIM traffic, and to be able to see it, without having problems with FG traffic, and controllers (especially that one located just located southeast of Cologne). O, and yes, all other VATSIM traffic will see you as a 747 (although I have heard people seeing me as the correct aircraft type, but I can't confirm), ATC will however control you according to your online filed flightplan, so if you put the correct A/C type in there you should be fine.

Anyways, let me know what the dates/times etc... are, and I will see if I can join. (Probably not in a 747, airbus is more my type :D).

Regards,

Charlie (Wecsje)

PS: First post, yeey :D
Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/wecsjelive
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FlightSims United discord (https://discord.me/flightsimsunited), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Wecsje wrote:
Anyways, let me know what the dates/times etc... are, and I will see if I can join. (Probably not in a 747, airbus is more my type :D).

No worries about the aircraft type. I will be seeing 747s regardless. As for dates, Those are yet to be announced but the tour will start in September just as soon as the votes are in. Those who voted yes will be the participants, and I also have to pitch this to the VATSIM guys, but i know a few who will say yes to this proposal. and whou would be in for the gig. The range and speed are the only limiting factors.
Image Image

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:55 am

J Maverick 16 wrote:Can't remember it was some time ago, Squawkgear or whatever. But even if it worked, I wouldn't use it anyway.
Regards, Mav

See this is the problem, it works on mac. Don't spread lies :P
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 am

https://www.winehq.org/download

It is supported for Mac OS X 10.8 or newer, and I don't want to waste my time searching for older crap because I don't give a heck about VATSIM.
So now stop it, thanks.
Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 am

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Use that :P

Since you don't care about vatsim I'll stop it. If you ever want to try it again, use that link.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KeithHadden

Postby KeithHadden » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:49 am

Not really voting no, but 6 hours is a bit too long. For me it would mean finishing around 1:00 or 2:00 am. I personally think 4 hours is the max time especially if you allow for an hours preparation before and an hours wind-down afterwards.

My 2 cents worth.
CAW0001
CEO Clone Air World
"As the Crow Flies"

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:57 pm

KeithHadden wrote:Not really voting no, but 6 hours is a bit too long. For me it would mean finishing around 1:00 or 2:00 am. I personally think 4 hours is the max time especially if you allow for an hours preparation before and an hours wind-down afterwards.

My 2 cents worth.

You actually brought up a good point but consider this:
A) 6 hrs is actually quite short when you think about the workload of a college student who is majoring in aviation, with all the work that is being thrown at me in an accelerated program, All I have free is 6 hrs and even then it takes that time for me to finish all of the homework.
B) The times are set up to mirror those of the USA Tour in terms of starting. Any earlier and I would not get any sleep. Any later and I wont get much work done. Between the creation and filing of the flight plans to getting clearance for Takeoff, there is probably about an hour and a half of tooling around on the ground before we all get into the air. so in reality we would be on the network for about 9 hrs before the tour ends, Longer if we have ATC at the arrival airfield. Especially in Europe.

KiethHadden wrote: Finisning around 0100-0200
Try more like 0300-0400 on our shorter legs and 0600-0900 for the longer ones. GET SOME SLEEP DURING THE FLIGHT.

This tour revolves around my college schedule more than anything else. I try to schedule these on the weekends so people can stay up as late as necessary without consequence.
Image Image

Return to “Multiplayer Events”