Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

legoboyvdlp

Re: Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Actually, 12 still allows us to use it, but I prefer not to use servers owned by egoistical evil emptyheads.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:30 am

Hmm in all the mayhem I seem to have ignored getting any screenshots. :roll:

A bit of a chaos filled evening, I think we should try this again when we're better acquainted with our vehicles.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:36 am

I'm sure it was fun though!
Anyone have any?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:48 am

I don't know if anyone did, we all kinda ran around like kids on a massive sugar buzz.

LesterBoffo wrote:
P.S. has anyone tried out the ThornyWeen yet? I think it's hilarious but I'd like to get someone else's opinion.

Aherm.....Image

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:11 am

That was fun. I'm +1 for redo
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Hey I like that smileyface--that is, un-smileyface.
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:39 pm

I've got the updated Fusca with the set file fix, and I've done some across the board fixes for the ALS lights of all the vehicles.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Nice...

If we redo, Im probably joining fusca again, anyways.
I don't see myself riding a motorcycle... but the fusca is cool

I am not sure how keen I am with the gears systems thou. 1) It attempts too much realism in car driving --which even real life bores me, 2) the keyboard bindings are hideous in my opinion: the backspace home/end key combo are hard to type and require lots of hand displacement in the keyboard, thus are not efficient. something like g/G could have been a better gear switching giving a car does not (tipically) retract any landing train. The honk on h is also non a popular option for me, because it kills the HUD. I can see the engine property window, O.K., but, location, heading, AGL, and other cool parameters I came to love from even standard HUD are no where to be seen. I guess some other key may do the hoNking job?. 3) The fusca still does nt have signalling lights implemented -- that'll be a great addition to the bucket list.

Don't take me overcritical... just thinking outloud :D

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Well if I may present some arguments to the contrary?

The Nasal for the 'gears' vehicles isn't easily modded at a deep level, at least with my present understanding.

I can see myself spending 20 or more hours trying to reconfigure the Nasal setup so the keys are more convenient, and still end up breaking the code. I have a lot of hours into this version of the Nasal as it is, most of it was taking 3 steps backwards for every one forward.

So unless someone wants to take over this, who really knows their way around adding new properties and variables, I'm loathe to tinker with something that is working as well as it does. Also the automatic drives could use some love for their headlight and driving controls, and I know this is probably not going to go over well, but the invisible propeller driven ones, which are most of my early bikes and the Deuche, will not have viable reverse without some new nasal hacks.

The keyboard keys for the shifting could be altered to work with the flap up and down buttons on your joystick, but if you're one of the many who use a mouse, or the keyboard you just moved the problem to another part of the keyboard, right?

The engines are quite forgiving for low rpm operation, most will usually pull a good acceleration from near idle conditions, so you can at most conditions leave it in the highest or next to highest gear and just lug it down some on sharp turns. Also having to down shift/upshift should be something you plan ahead for.

The HUD is something I've myself considered an immersion killer. I mean this is meant to be a difficult task, which is why I've repeatedly encouraged you all to practice with the existing vehicles before the event. It's also why I set a low base speed. I could include a small rearview mirror mounted magnetic compass so you have your directions. But cars have never had HUD's until quite recently and only on really special types.

So in closing I'd like to ask for some kind remarks instead of complaints, :cry: And is anyone going to test the ThornyWeen? I made it especially for this event.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Can you all relax, pls? If you don't intend a repeat before December, I may get some time in after the USA Tour leg and make the gear-package a bit more palatable and that is that. And if someone can find a Landrover Defender model, a Jeep Wrangler (preferred the unlimited), I may find a little military style kitchen trailer to hang on it for a later event (pulling the German stew and brats traditions into Halloween here).
But now seriously, Lester, if I would be able to do all that 3d and Yasim work you do, I would do what you do, but since I only learned programming (and writing books and some other FG-useless stuff), I guess, the Nasal is better on my desk.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Multiplayer Events”