Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

legoboyvdlp

Re: Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:13 pm

LesterBoffo wrote:
I have massive fps hit with Rembrandt.
Can I use ALS, clock time, and a full moon?

See that's the thing, most of the reason for having this event is because of the Rembrandt effects. Without Rembrandt you have no light volumes and the emissive surfaces that glow weirdly in Rembrandt. The ALS headlights are less than ideal, compared to the Rembrandt headlights.

It's a night-time event. Is there no way for you to turn off features in Rembrandt to save you some frame rates? like turning off 'shadows' in the rendering box and using the 1024 resolution shadow mapping, basically turning off everything that doesn't kill light volumes?

The Halloween features really don't work without Rembrandt. You can use ALS, but you might as well just use no rendering, turn off ALS and Rembrandt.

Ah, I see. I'm actually loading right now for a test, so I will try some tests.
Regards,
Lego
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:
LesterBoffo wrote:
I have massive fps hit with Rembrandt.
Can I use ALS, clock time, and a full moon?

See that's the thing, most of the reason for having this event is because of the Rembrandt effects. Without Rembrandt you have no light volumes and the emissive surfaces that glow weirdly in Rembrandt. The ALS headlights are less than ideal, compared to the Rembrandt headlights.

It's a night-time event. Is there no way for you to turn off features in Rembrandt to save you some frame rates? like turning off 'shadows' in the rendering box and using the 1024 resolution shadow mapping, basically turning off everything that doesn't kill light volumes?

The Halloween features really don't work without Rembrandt. You can use ALS, but you might as well just use no rendering, turn off ALS and Rembrandt.

Ah, I see. I'm actually loading right now for a test, so I will try some tests.
Regards,
Lego

Worked!
Now stable at 11FPS -- of course, not as nice as 20 I got before, with remb off, but who cares?!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Ah, that's good to hear.

Might try paring down the scenery features too. I gain quite a bit by turning off random trees and going into views/rendering and turning the Model slider to '1'. Of course this shuts off the model surface reflections, but Marc's road surfaces are far too reflective as it is.

I'm lucky if i can make it around the entire course without a game crash. Since we're still fighting memory leak issues with the FG core engine, it's a bit of when it will occur and just restarting.
Last edited by LesterBoffo on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LesterBoffo

IoM 9 Lives 'Race Rules.

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:26 pm

OK I've established that the entire course is little over 80 N-miles in length. ( stunning even to my reckoning...) and that a base speed of about 30 knots gets you around the course in a little under 3 hours. Of course we all wanna go faster, right? Well, wrecking on the course is a big part of why I established a low base level speed. :lol:

You have a base speed you want to keep above, 30 knots average, every Nmile per hour faster average gains you a point. every 'wreck' loses you 3 points, or equals a loss of a 'life'.

A 'wreck' is anytime you have your vehicle go off the road *and* you get stuck in terrain and have to ctrl+'R' to rewind your position before the wreck, or you crash severely enough to freeze the aircraft, a true 'crash'.

Game crashes don't equal a wreck, just restart at the closest spawn point and continue. Going off the road and being able to recover, or regain where you went off the road and resume are not equal to a wreck, but will slow you down some.

It's a time trial, not really a real time race against each other, and should be fun even if you're not a participant 'racing'. This being for Halloween, it is why I'm making fun, wacky and scary vehicles available. I mean the bikes are wacky enough.

IAHM-COL

Re: IoM 9 Lives 'Race Rules.

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

LesterBoffo wrote:OK I've established that the entire course is little over 80 N-miles in length.

I tested my fusca. That little beast is capable to have road rage at 60 nm before it gains lift and takes off :P

:oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Israel do you want a 'geared' version added to the Fusca? Does it also need to have Rembrandt lighting?

Actually it will need the geared option to run the Rembrandt lighting, so I'm thinking you'll not do so well with the Fusca out of the box so to speak.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 pm

I will be happy if you doctor 'her', on time for this event

I have no idea howto do anything of what you just said :( ... yet I'd love it!

Now, I am conscious is only like 3 days to event-day and you're flooded with work right now... :cry:

Now, I did tested the fusca. I departed LFLL and took the osm roads up the mountain. It went very very very well. it has real road rage, and I love her. [Don't tell my wife, pls]

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm

That's another issue with the jet powered Fusca is it's mileage range on it's fuel is dismal. I'm wondering if it can make the entire course without fueling up again.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:46 pm

fuel is not a concern.
I can fix that :P

R.M.S.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm

OK gonna do a quick and dirty Fusca mod for gearing and lights.

Other vehicles will be linked:

The Citroen 2CV of Helijah's with the geared mod.

The ThornyCroft Truck both in regular and Halloween mods.

The Ford Model T truck.

Martien's beautiful AEC Routemaster Bus. ( honestly this thing is stunningly nice.)

Both of the little bikes, the Yamaha and Piaggio Vespa.

Note to all users! ...that all of these vehicles will only have Rembrandt lighting in their Geared versions! :!:

I don't have time to fix the automatics to Rembrandt standards, Please understand. If someone who can do this conversion to their auto-transmissioned counterparts then I owe you a big thank you.

Return to “Multiplayer Events”