New low on logic

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
jwocky
Site Admin

New low on logic

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Curtis seems to have no given up on logic entirely. Basically he deems every kind of evidence in posts as "political maneuver" and calls therefore to ignore all evidence. Which of course would only help the twisted and entirely invented version of history they sell over there. That reminds of course to other dictators, bigger ones, we may remember from history, who showed, often near to the end of their empires, the same delusional world view.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30258&start=135#p293737

Well, also typical for deteriorating empires seems to be this small group gathering behind a new leader without any reality view left. So, while their rather desperate attempts in propaganda show only their desperation, their psychological state seems at the moment reason to worry.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

D-ECHO

Re: New low on logic

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Maybe it would be worth an experiment...
you (the core supporters of this forum) write down your side of the story/history (without insults, rumors and everything making discussions fail) and we ask Curtis and the moderators over there to do the same for them. After that, we can compare and look where there are differences and why they are there.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:01 pm

I'm afraid, you will get only the "official" sanctified "history" from over there. Bottom line is, Git offered the possibility for an open development platform, accessible to everyone while SVN/FGADDON offered the possibility to gatekeep what planes go in and which not. FGADDON was decided behind closed doors by a small group of core devs who aimed for a possibility to get power over what developers can publish their work without a set rule set. Just on a whim. And consequently, to cut other authors off from publishing their work. FGMEMBERs made that impossible.
The rest came all later. The insults, the claims, Israel and me would be banned because we were rude (actually Thorsten was rude, I was banned for defending myself against his rudeness). Israel was plain old banned for making FGMEMBERs. There were also attempts to play in non working planes to discredit FGMEMBERs but it didn't work out for those who tried because rollback takes only a minute.
Try to mention FGMEMBERs over there. Official policy over there is to delete all posts and wiki pages that refer to FGMEMBERs. You would only need to read the cross posted communication to see how much they deleted and why. So, the evidence is clearly there, you need only to read it. So, we can of course compare histories. The one that really happened against the re-invented one from Curtis & Co. And what then? The real thing here is, we don't wanto to give up the freedom to tinker on planes and publish them, Thorsten especially will fight everything, that brings this freedom back to the world of "official" FG. Curtis does what Thorsten dsays, so game over! Lately Hooray went even so far to suggest to cancel MP because "it brings all the wrong people into FG" ... background is, a lot of events we promote here are MP events. That is cutting off the nose to spite your face.
So, you have a bunch of crazies on a power trip there and experience says, there is no way to negotiate with that kind of people. Aside of that, everything, they say officially they want is free anyway. They only need to take it. They were invited to do so. Not once, not twice, alone in this thread at least a dozen times and over all, probably more than a hundred times.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Now then answer me this...

bugman wrote:
Note that a higher level of scrutiny will be applied to FGMEMBERS content due to the history and the laissez-faire attitude of the FGMEMBERS core towards copyright violations. The FlightGear core actively try to prevent this, but FGMEMBERS say just identify the content and we will remove it after the fact. So the FlightGear project needs to be careful.

Where does FGMEMBERS get those planes from with copyright sound file infringements ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 pm

from 3rd party devs (like the one in Citation X that came from patten), or from FGADDon.

Those are 2 instances I recall.

What we did? FL2070 identified the alledgely infridging file, and we commit it out.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:05 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 15#p293809
Wllbragg wrote:What really is annoying to me is that I know there is a lot of work that has gone into some aircraft for events like USA Tour and other events

Do you expect us to apologize for doing lots of work?

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:32 pm

I heard that they even closed down the "Where did you fly today" forum. Stuart also locked the Out of context quoting to mislead forum brcasue "it broke the rules,' when they do not even have a page dedicated to the rules.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:36 pm

:)

Good news

Bad News

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:54 pm

The problem was the topic was at risk of people coming to a consensus that Bugman was wrong to delete the image.... if they came to that whatever next ? That the quotes were out of context ? Heaven forbid !
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

This is just one of the many. Post written by people who used FG before the latest versions and now are asking WTF about these new versions.
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30352
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Return to “Club of the Banned”