I am useless! Devs are unwanted! Who knew? I am useless!

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Octal450

I am useless! Devs are unwanted! Who knew? I am useless!

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29795

it0uchpods? wrote:So lets look at something:

it0uchpods is just a useless FGMEMBERS developer

Am I then? AM I?

Lets see:

Q: Why does it0uchpods push work to FGMEMBERS?
A: I found it on the internet, and found all the planes there, in one place.

Q: Is it0uchpods the evil hijacker from FGMEMBERS?
A: No, I'm a teenager who enjoys aviation, and coding. I found FGMEMBERS through Free Flight Free Speech, and I found that from the 727 dev topic on this very forum. I have never intentionally caused harm to anything.

Q: If it0uchpods is a teenager, isn't he stupid?
A: No. Even from early age, I found myself very knowledgeable with computers and aviation. (not trying to brag)

Q: Has it0uchpods actually done anything useful?
A: Lets examine some planes:

IT-AUTOFLIGHT: advanced autoflight for any airliner, easy to install/update.
MD-88: Finishing Andino's MD-82 in a new package. New cockpit stuff, new AP, more realism.
MD-90: Based of my MD-88. First MD-90 in the whole FlightGear!
B717: Working AP, fixed MCP.
A340s (313X, 200, 600HGW 600VIP): Working AP model updates and fixed, cockpit development
MD-11: Cockpit work, colab with tikibar
MD-10-Family: merging DrDavid's MD-10, and my MD-10-10, into 1 package. Colab with DrDavid.
KC-137R: Built for Jmav16, new flightdeck, systems, AP.
A350XWB: cockpit, systems, AP, model work.
and more stuff too!

Q: So is it0uchpods really a useless, evil, FGMEMBERS hijacker, who should revert all his work and stop developing?
A: You answer that yourself.

Then you can decide whether to continue spewing crap or not.

Lydiot

Re: I am useless! Devs are unwanted! Who knew? I am useless!

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:30 am

If you could attribute it to a specific source it'd be more convincing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:54 am

@Lydiot
Its been talked about on Mumble, but they won't tell me who exactly said it.

valery

Postby valery » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 am

Hi guy,
I understand you're really disapointed, but do what you do as usual, don't listening on what some weird people talk about you (perhaps just one guy on its bad day), don't point out either what they said, follow your way. Internet is opened you can publish what you do, FG is opened too, so, there's no reasons to worry about.
I'm coming myself from the same forum, I leave it after 2 days. You never know who is behind a keyboard, what he feel at the time he wrote, why, and so on. Don't point out this, this - only this - is useless ! :o) Keep smiling,
have a nice day,
Val.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:35 pm

I searched the forums, and I don't see anything like that.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Josh says it was someone in mumble... How are you finding it on the forums then?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Ah, interesting! But... none of the core devs are on Mumble surely?! Maybe I'm wrong, but...
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't know what is that you are saying.
Are you implying that is a core dev whomever said so?
That is not necessarily so.

Look, the fact is that kids read all That Thorsten bullshit, and some of them end up believing him.

Per example, this Saturday, I got a "dmike" on the mumble who told me directly that I shouldn't be in mumble because I was banned from all flightgear infrastructure, and that I should leave the community because I attempted to kill flightgear.
Do you think dmike is a core dev? or just a boy that quite did not understand the dynamics of what Thorsten, Curtis, and a few others had attempted to do?

Bottomline, I dont give a F**K, and I personally think it0uchpods should do the same. Not until whomever did it, makes it a continued aggression, and starts to look like a forum battle (think Thorsten bullying towards me and several others), and then I'd agree that a change needs to be implemented. -- at that point it just become digital bullying, which I am totally against. (Unfortunately, digital bullying seems to me, to be a "FG Mode" propapagated from Curtis down).

Let's see what Mr. Thorsten has to say about this

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 95#p288576
Mr. Thorsten wrote:Without such context, the whole thing is a bit meaningless.

Really? could someone kindly explain me what context would make acceptable saying: <<*name here* is just a(n) useless FGMEMBERS developer>>
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm

None at all, obviously.
But anyway, that's true -- I should have thought of that. It depends if it was someone brainwashed that FGMEMBERS = hitler and all evil or if it was someone that dislikes FGMEMBERS...
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:05 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Let's see what Mr. Thorsten has to say about this

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 95#p288576
Mr. Thorsten wrote:Without such context, the whole thing is a bit meaningless.

Really? could someone kindly explain me what context would make acceptable saying: <<*name here* is just a(n) useless FGMEMBERS developer>>

To be fair he probably meant that complaining about it on the forum is meaningless unless the complaint is put into context, and the context is the source. And I actually agree with him. Just complaining about it without knowing who or when only makes it personal and un-resolvable (unless whoever said it reads the thread and steps forward, and nobody has, and I doubt anybody will).

I don't doubt that it happened, but it really points to the deeper issue of abuse on Mumble and on chat.

Thorsten's quip about Nazi-insults is far more annoying than him pointing out the lack of context. In my opinion.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Return to “Club of the Banned”