SHM has been finally banned

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
bomber

Re: SHM has been finally banned

Postby bomber » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:51 pm

It makes sense that another Fgmember spams another Fgmember here on this forum.

Or that it's made to look like that. - Simon

I removed one of your posts about 100's of blank pm's because it was argumentative, acidic, accusational, and didn't contribute positive to the discussion. Please stop with these style of posts. - Curt

You acused SHM and Fgmembers.... maybe you should remove that from the other posts and apologies - Simon.
Last edited by bomber on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Oh my!...

Is that guy doing anything lately except hunting ghosts and overusing his admin powers on the FG infrastructure?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:20 pm

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 pm

shortsmurf wrote:I removed one of your posts about 100's of blank pm's because it was argumentative, acidic, accusational, and didn't contribute positive to the discussion. Please stop with these style of posts

accusational? really!

Well what is this?
shortsmurf wrote:Perhaps it's another parting message from the user we had to ban on the
forum earlier today. He claimed he was a master of dynamic IP addresses,
registered himself a new account, and said we'd never be able to stop him.
Then he posted a nice message sharing his true thoughts about flightgear,
the forum, and the forum admins, which he was kind enough to summarize on
the other forum (although not precisely the same message, his summary
conveyed similar meaning). But there is no direct connecting evidence to
the DOS attack. Perhaps it's purely coincidence that we'd see a DOS
attempt on the main flightgear server later the same day. The dots are
certainly close together, even though we don't have direct evidence to
connect them. When stuff like this happens, the first question to ask is
who would want to do this, and who would be capable of doing this? Often
that narrows the pool of suspects down pretty substantially. Or it could
be totally random ... that happens too sometimes.

or this
Shortsmurf wrote:More useful might be demographics of web site visits (although this week we have a huge spike in web traffic from the acting-like-age 2-3 group trying to 'hack' one of the flightgear web servers by sending an overwhelming number of http requests.) Or perhaps it would be interesting to see the demographics of those that download flightgear. What these forum polls do is summarize the ages of flightgear forum users who are happy to self report their own age to the group. And that's fine for what it is, but it's not a random statistical sample.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 pm

ItOuchpods post that he was being spamed with pm's was so conveniently used....

I'm guessing because they know he won't say anything... I hope that's not true.

I also hope that's it's not an attack from here, because frankly I can't see the value in it.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Saw those disgusting false accusations you quoted SHM. And someone even reacted as if they were the truth. So Shortsmurf had the effect he was after. Sleazy lies of a little boy that has not learned to stand up for himself. Such boys compensate the cowardice with spreading lies about others. Quite girly actually.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:51 pm

I couldn't have said it better, Vincent.

I don't know why curt is trying to demonstrate that SHM is doing something questionable.
First was the supposed DDoS attack on a webpage that works flawlessly for me here.
Secondly was the PMs over there to Josh.

Why would SHM send PMs over there to Josh, if he can just as well do it here. Or communicate via email? It makes no sense whatsoever.

And Josh is among the faster responders on this side of the river. You'll get a reply in a few minutes. Not that he is hard to catch or anything.

If we are going to start ghost-busting, and throw accusations at each others I say that his DDoS attack is not real but they fabricated it. (no real attack in place, just false allegations). And the PMs issue, anyone of them could have initiated the annoyance in order to find another excuse to incriminate SM.

In my opinion, how about they get busy making us a FlightSimulator instead?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:32 am

KL-666 wrote:Sleazy lies of a little boy that has not learned to stand up for himself. Such boys compensate the cowardice with spreading lies about others. Quite girly actually.

+1

Why would SHM send PMs over there to Josh, if he can just as well do it here. Or communicate via email? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Or use mumble, I see him there too.

If we are going to start ghost-busting, and throw accusations at each others I say that his DDoS attack is not real but they fabricated it. (no real attack in place, just false allegations). And the PMs issue, anyone of them could have initiated the annoyance in order to find another excuse to incriminate SM.

I hope that isn't the case, but hey its Curt and co, you never know.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:25 am

what stuns me in the removal of my post, was the failure by Curt to acknowledge the posibility that this wasn't an attack generated by SHM or FGMembers.

On one hand Curt talks about not wanting a war with FGMembers yet on the other hand he makes a very sligh alergation regarding the banning of a user and his possible involvement.

Now I'm lying in my bed thanks to my hernia op and complication from it since last Thursday... Yes I did go to work a week and a half after the op and all was well for a while, but yeh stuff happens and I've been in my PJ's for the last 9 days.. No I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm getting to the point of what I'm trying to say.
On average I'd say I refresh the FG forum every 15 minutes, whilst I'm here flight modelling and at the time I was debating the licence issues over there and if I'm being honest I check regularly to ensure I've not been banned for having my opinions.
So I saw the problem that the forum had, it's not the first time there's been a problem refreshing the forum... normally it comes with a timeout error... This time it was different, just a completely white page, I refreshed the same... did it again the same... I thought here we go, maybe they've come up with a way of stopping me from actually looking at the forum never mind just banning me...
I closed the browser down (firefox) restarted it and the forum loaded up first time. It look as long for you to read this post as the problem persisted.

I therefor can't see any attack having taken place, just a glich in the system.... and so it doesn't warrent the allegations made towards SHM or FGMembers.

But as you guys know, who am I but just a simple fool who's being manipulated to fight others battles.

Well I'm also honest.

Simon

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:45 am

So I saw the problem that the forum had, it's not the first time there's been a problem refreshing the forum... normally it comes with a timeout error... This time it was different, just a completely white page, I refreshed the same... did it again the same... I thought here we go, maybe they've come up with a way of stopping me from actually looking at the forum never mind just banning me...
I closed the browser down (firefox) restarted it and the forum loaded up first time. It look as long for you to read this post as the problem persisted

I've also had the same problem sometimes.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Club of the Banned”