Nasty Piece of Work

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
KL-666

Re: Nasty Piece of Work

Postby KL-666 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:35 pm

There is always at least one admin that is God, i am not talking about whether a normal moderator did it. But you say that there is not a post you can identify as that it could have lead to this embellishment. So would Hooray have made it all up?

Kind regards, Vincent
Last edited by KL-666 on Fri May 20, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Well, Hooray may have puzzled something together, but I don't remember one single mail.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Sounds like the Reichpropagandaminister was at work again over there.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Well, then we wait for Hoorays alibi. If it does not come, then that will have consequences for how i judge him.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Right, we are now well 2 days further and i see Hooray happily posting on that other forum. Yet he does not produce his alibi to acquit him from obtaining the information in a dirty way. By this he pushes the likelihood of reading PM's of other people beyond reasonable doubt. Leaving me no option but one possible conclusion: Admins at that other forum do read PM's that users send to each other.

Hooray, you and your petty little friends are a disgrace to the profession of automation. You should be deeply, and i mean really deeply ashamed of yourselves. You little boys are not worthy to manage anything that contains even the slightest bit of private information. For the sake of the decent part of the population, i hope they stay far away from that immoral operation, as if it were the pest. Hmmm, i hope i did not insult the pest now.

The only right course of action to regain some credibility and respect for that organization, is to expel the perpetrators and make very humble excuses to all the people that can have been affected by this miserable doing. That would be to everyone on that forum. So a public excuse from the leader is probably the best course here.

Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 am

Breach of privacy is thus important that i put out my previous post at the immoral forum. Unfortunately we get only typical little brat bahaviour back: The louder i scream, the more daddy is going to believe me. Even denying that root can get at any information on a machine. That is funny, because where i am root, i can get at anything. The question here is: should i?

What does denying that root can get at anything mean?

1) They have no clue about automation? That is dangerous, because what else do they not understand? They may do plain text login. Oops, they do.

2) They lie? That is also dangerous, because what else do they keep up their sleeves?

Anyway, Hooray has still not told us where he got the confidential information from. Sad.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Funny that Curt writes this:

It would take someone with special sql/php knowledge and root level database access (and lots and lots of spare time) to read PM's

Special knowledge? Spare time? It took me a minute for this simple query:

Code: Select all

SELECT message_subject, message_text FROM phpbb.phpbb_users
inner join  phpbb.phpbb_privmsgs on author_id = user_id
where username = "user2"

Really no need to try to prove that PM's are inherently private. They are not. They are only private by virtue of the honourability of the admin.

Oh, and do not worry, I specially installed a fresh phpBB and added two test users to get the query right. No way, i would do this on a live forum.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:06 pm

I appreciate it very much Hooray, that you finally try to clarify where the confidential information came from. But it is not fully clear to me yet, what that information is doing in your possession. You are not a moderator, so confidential information should not be sent to you by moderators.

Let me try to sum up what you say (correct me if i am wrong): Messages from Jwocky have been reported, and the content is shared to you by the moderators? Is that how it was?

Edit: a link to the post with the clarification, that i am trying to understand:
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29628&sid=b87c317652d500ac603644217f0806fb&start=15#p286183

Btw, you also claim that getting at pm's takes light years of time. This is simply not true. If you are uncomfortable with a small sql statement, then there is also a phpBB mod, that does the same for you, giving you an easy clickable interface.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Thank Edward D'auvergne. Looks cute.
We should really made this livery for the 777 and push it to FGADDon as well.. perhaps?

@ACI?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Speechless. ...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Club of the Banned”