Nasty Piece of Work

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
IAHM-COL

Re: Nasty Piece of Work

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 24, 2016 11:05 pm

KL-666 wrote: If i remember well they were Gijs and Johan. That gave confidence that the problem at hand may really be no problem at all.

Kind regards, Vincent

I prefer those two over Bugman and Stuart. (and this being an understatement)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I see things positive. Bugman and Stuart may learn from the others. Not the other way around.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Well, it's not that all of them have admin rights directly on the database. Curt of course has, but given the general degree of paranoia very few people else. So, that much about Hooray.
And well, no offense, but the lack of historical knowledge seems to be the main reason why people hate historical examples. The Nazi party was also quite low organized in the beginning and everybody there did just what came to their minds. Not in the form of a strong hierarchy but united in hate against a certain group. And you are right, they were firing each other up there and then each one did what he could. Hitler held speeches, Himmler spread hate and Goebbels wrote satire and other stuff. The one thing that still dazzles me is, how many people said back then, those guys are harmless, you don't need to take them serious. They are just a bunch of loonies. Well, yeah, that paid out for everyone, right?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Club of the Banned”