Responding to Curtis

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
KL-666

Re: Responding to Curtis

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:03 pm

The thing i find hard to believe is that grown up people still do not understand the workings of certain mechanisms.

People that get annoyed only get at themselves. Just for the example, say Thorsten wants get at me. Then he may think: Let me get very annoyed at Vincent and let him know. But i just think: Ok, sad for him to be so full of negative emotion. I am getting nothing of it, having just pleasant emotions. Not really a smart way to try to get at someone.

In the same manner i do not understand why some people at the other forum think they can get at anyone by feeling annoyed about the existence of fgmembers. It is simply there, and there is no way in which they can steer it. So why all the negative emotion? No one is touched by it.

Another not so smart thing is isolationism. No country has ever economically benefited of that. All that happens is that you limit the pool of potential traders for yourself. Now Thorsten thinks he can hurt fgmembers and calls for limiting the ability to speak about your work at the other forum (if the work is in fgmembers). But this way that forum only isolates itself from being part of a vibrant community of developers. He is only hurting himself (the fg forum) with it.

Sad to see all that self destruction going on, while grown up people could know better if they paid some attention to themselves.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Hear Hear! KL-666
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks Israel.

But Jwocky, all that talk of dictatorship theory, which may fit Curt and his gang perfectly well. What is it worth spending your breath on, when he is dictator of Legoland?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 8:19 pm

I am just sad, KL
All this back and forth trying to help Curtis, and he stills behaves as a scared shelled turtle.
How else can I spell it? If he wants the content, he gives me FGADDon access and I sync.
But, instead, they issue the Stuart-call and he comes to lock the thread. (shelled turtle)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 pm

@Vincent:

He is maybe dictator of Legoland (well, the actual Legoland is bigger and I don't think, they call their visitors "leeches"), but this Legoland, called FG is still a central part of the community, we play and work in. The planes we make fly on FG, the scenery other make, is shown in FG ... so, it is maybe possible to ignore their little temper tantrums, as you pointed out, they have no way to kill FGMEMBERS, they tried and failed. They have no way to destroy TerraGit. They try again, they will fail again. Wasn't there something, the update sceneries from TerraGit spread already into the FSX world? I don't know, but if so, FG is the last island of those unwilling to profit.

Now, here is another lesson from history (I saw your note about isolationism, you get the taste of it?). Well dictators on a loosing streak have a tendency to endgame fantasies. Adolf Hitler who wanted to see Germany burn because after losing his war, Germany in his opinion didn't deserve to exist. Saddam Hussein and his oil well igniting. We see similar behaviour from other dictator like figures. Remember Khoresh who led rather aboutish 900 cult member in the death instead of being arrested for an earlier homicide case?
This kind of behaviour is not limited to the dictator himself but is also carried by many of his most faithful helpers.Khoresh had helpers. Hitler had helpers and the basic idea of a burning Germany actually, as witnesses from the time stated came from Himmler and Goebbels. Saddam Hussein didn't put the fire on those oil wells personally.
So it is wise to look for red flags of this behaviour in any dictatorship on the spiral down, be the dictatorship as small as it is in this case. Wild cleaning actions, uncontrolled punishment for example. In the last weeks of the war, the SS shot more people than in the yis years before. They just saw everywhere the evil enemy. Has someone counted the appearances of Bugman and Stuart lately?
Discussion about self destruction: The Japanese Army secretary tried to order all Japanese soldiers into suicide. Actually thousands followed this order. Do you remember Hooray's talk about pulling the plug on MP?
Change to "eternal speech", that is when the tune changes from actual things that are important right now into the self-pits. See Hitler's political will. Or listen to Curtis ... he had not that much influence, he is innocent, it was all the evil enemy. Some parts of his arguing is not arguing but has too much of swan song.

So, on a psychological level, they show strong signs of desperation and endgame fantasies already. The whole talk about we shall fork the program itself fits the bill as well. It gives the perfect excuse to say "the bad enemy won, he forked, we pull the plug".
The only way to counteract those fantasies is, to hope, there are enough sane people left who understand, maybe with some explanation form the outside, what is going on and what is the real risk here and help them to force those "leaders" to face the reality that the blame would be on their names, not as they dream, on the evil's enemy's.
So, it maybe sounds wise to save my breath, in the short term, but then, there is the real chance, there is no FG in the longterm anymore because some endgame fantasy driven nutjobs pull plugs. So I fail the wisdom to wait in peace till said nutjobs do irreversible things.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 pm

Ow well, then just keep a full fork including core, just in case.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Great and what do I do with that thing in case they go finally entirely over board? I am one guy and not even a C++ programmer, more of a Java guy. But you are right, maybe we should recruit programmers, just in case, If they recover from their spiral we can still use that potential to help them out.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Be carefull with the word "recruite". It tends to make the other end nervous. Yet on the other hand it is quite funny to see them explode about nothing.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed May 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Well, we have FG 2016, even if they decide to do nothing anymore. And they can't pull the plug on MP for the versions that are already out. The servers are not under their control.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:20 am

That is all BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT. Hostile? Are you fucking joking?

Return to “Club of the Banned”