Responding to Wllbragg

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
IAHM-COL

Re: Responding to Wllbragg

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Maybe Pinto
But how many threads have they locked so far with the same content? I lost a number long ago.

This is the thing. Sooner or later some Thorsten or some Bugman is gonna run against someone else voicing a favorable opinion over FGMEMBERS, because they like the fire. Sooner or later another thread is going to be virally reignited by either of those two. And then the rest just see how they harrass that person, and as soon as the person defends himself/herself (here in this thread is Lydiot); then it is just vitriol and the thread needs to be locked.

If that's the way they'll go, they need to go at it unbiased. As soon as Thorsten or Bugman ill-speak of FGMEMBERS or talk down someone, the thread must be locked. (and while they are at it ban either of those two for 24 hr).
Fair is fair.

But, no.
They'll "patiently" wait till they can issue the blame on the person defending and call it a "cross the line"
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:37 pm

It's not "just vitriol", it's actual vitriol. There was vitriol on all sides. You can't read through that thread and tell me that one side or the other was completely innocent of vitriol. And the bias in moderation is obvious, bugman definitely was not a good moderator in that thread by any stretch of the imagination.

Doesn't mean the thread shouldn't've been locked.

Honestly, I'd recommend just not engaging them and developing a completely separate culture over here. It's going to happen - fgmembers is going to be smack-talked about again. Don't engage them. Just throw on a pair of big girl panties and get over it. This arguing (not debating, just arguing) obviously isn't working in favor of fgmembers (other than increasing exposure, be that negatively or positively), so maybe a change in tactics is needed.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 8:45 pm

did I told you?
It takes minutes on the worst days

See bugman hijacking the EDDF triangle thread now

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... &start=345

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:54 pm

Yeah I saw that (hence my response).

But if we ignore it for now, then no flaming starts, no vitriol, etc.etc. and everyone goes on their merry way.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Good for me

By the way the FGDATA next with submodules updates frequently with the official FGDATA and it is here
https://sourceforge.net/p/fgdata/submodules/ci/next/tree/

Not here!!
https://github.com/FGDATA/fgdata
As the readme warns!

That first FGDATA is an old example for the core developers when I try to teach them how to better split fgdata, using FGMEMBERS

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Right on. I am not sure which is best for fgmembers. To debate, or not to debate. I think it does not matter, since the other end continually shoot themselves in the foot, no matter what. And some people need to get to work here, instead of arguing about nothing.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed May 18, 2016 9:09 pm

OPFOR77 wrote:Yeah... Illuminati confirmed.

Or it was locked because it turned into a cesspool of vitriol and desperately needed to be locked.

"turned into"???

Here's how it works: Someone like Bugman the moderator makes a bunch of accusations, uses quotes out of context in doing so, and then when he has those allegations or "conclusions" questions, just glosses over them. At that point you have accusations that stand opposed but ignored, only to be repeated ad nauseum.

My problem is that rather than other moderators then stepping in and saying "Hey, you know what; if you're going to accuse people of something and using quotes out of context, at least have the decency to respond to the counter-arguments". That'd have been a debate.

It only "turns into a cesspool of vitriol" once people don't back down and allow those quotes without context to stand unopposed. It's when you insist on actually talking about something specific that it becomes a "cesspool". This is how it works. And because the people doing the quoting-out-of-context are the ones supporting the official narrative that's not a problem, it's others calling them on it.

So, 'no', it didn't "turn into a cesspool". It got there really early, way before people were called on their crap.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I mean... true is: We have not stopped for a second here. :D
See, FGMEMBERS airplanes: this week has been really busy one. And terraGIT we have the st maarten classes, Norway fully updated. Work moves forward.

But I agree also with Lydiot, bomber and others in that other forum, that it is not ok to let them ill-speak you. So I am behind them if they feel they need to engage.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Lydiot wrote:
OPFOR77 wrote:Yeah... Illuminati confirmed.

Or it was locked because it turned into a cesspool of vitriol and desperately needed to be locked.

"turned into"???

Here's how it works: Someone like Bugman the moderator makes a bunch of accusations, uses quotes out of context in doing so, and then when he has those allegations or "conclusions" questions, just glosses over them. At that point you have accusations that stand opposed but ignored, only to be repeated ad nauseum.

My problem is that rather than other moderators then stepping in and saying "Hey, you know what; if you're going to accuse people of something and using quotes out of context, at least have the decency to respond to the counter-arguments". That'd have been a debate.

It only "turns into a cesspool of vitriol" once people don't back down and allow those quotes without context to stand unopposed. It's when you insist on actually talking about something specific that it becomes a "cesspool". This is how it works. And because the people doing the quoting-out-of-context are the ones supporting the official narrative that's not a problem, it's others calling them on it.

So, 'no', it didn't "turn into a cesspool". It got there really early, way before people were called on their crap.

I'll just quote you because this: You can say that again.

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:16 pm

I found you doing some realistic calling them to order, Lydiot. Good points you made. But see what is done with it. Closed topic. Pearls for the swines (dutch expression).

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Club of the Banned”