An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:17 am

Guys, lets get back on the floor pf reality here. SkyBoat shows integrity and that is a good thing, but basically the situation shows, Curtis Olson has nothing to say, that would be honest enough that he can stay behind in in public and since we know, the policies of information suppression and harassment are still in place in his forum, nothing has changed. Speak the truth and get banned is the credo over there and Curt is the man who is at least co-responsible for it. So while SkyBoat shows honourable behaviour, the denial of any public statement shows, Curtis has reached lows even King Curtis the Spineless can't top anymore.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 am

Since I obviously cannot cross-post between the two forums, there is no way I can know if the Open Letter has been mentioned even if for a few moments before being blasted into oblivion by one of their moderators.

If any of you happen to spot a comment (or series of posts) please copy it immediately and post it here so we can see if there is any leakage on the topic. You have to copy the text because posting a link will do no good once the comment is expunged.

Please, however, do not feel it is necessary to make of yourself a martyr by cross-posting the Open Letter. Or if you do feel strongly about making such a stand, which will get you banned probably permanently, please first consult with me, JWocky or IAHM-COL.

Thanks!
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:01 pm

Skyboat,
Hooray mentioned it to me in a private message, but he asked me not to cross post it in public. I haven't really seen anything else about it.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:15 pm

So, it is like it is in any other dictatorship ... anything, that doesn't go conform with the dictator's policies isn't printed in the press ... information suppression is a sure sign of a dictatorship, isn't it? Only the dictator and a handful of chosen advisers get their hands on everything.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:14 pm

I try not do pm's....

We're seeing some real private message manipulation here.... "he's asked me not to post it here and out of respect I wont"

A response to an open letter should also be open.... a request for anything else shows no respect...

It's a lose lose situation you're being put in..... and they know it.

Talk about being played...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm

bomber wrote:A response to an open letter should also be open.... a request for anything else shows no respect...

a request for anything else shows there is something to hide.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Hooray did say publically.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:42 pm

I can live with someone having something to hide...

What I find gauling is that these guys are pm'ing you, you're telling us so and at the same time censoring your own forum..

If they've pm'd ya, don't tell me I don't want to know.... but they must be pissing them self's with laughter as they sow these seeds of mistrust on this forum...

Oooooh I've got a secret, but I can't tell ya...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Check your pm's...

(There was a hidden message in my above post, d'ye see? He said 'don't do it publically', but didn't say privately....)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:Hooray did say publically.

And a link to it is where?

Return to “Club of the Banned”