An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
IAHM-COL

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 06, 2016 3:08 pm

@Lydiot

I have re-read your comments above.

This is what I have to say. You have a very valid point, and sentiment -- if I understood you correctly.

You are bringing the point that we could market better to a wider audience by being somehow more careful on the strength of the language and avoid some conflicting references.

I actually notice KL-666 doing an effort to blacklist words that could have an unintended meaning crossculturally above. So in a way, some of your message is getting through.

Now, here is the funny part. Your way of bringing such message is contradicted by the way you have brought that message here. As in, I feel you had not marketed it that well, base simply upon tact on the conversation. You have go ad-hominem at least toward two people here in this thread and subsequently you've got a defensive response (I said this without my moderator hat on. I left it on Stuart's closet, if he needs it)

I agree with you, Jwocky can be blunt when he uses rules of engagement! :) [His rules of]. And you are right, I rarely curb him. I did need to moderate in the past on this board to JWocky, and we find a truce that he keeps unbroken -- unlike your promise to me before that questioning your opponent intelligence was a means of argumenting: That truce you broke. and with an attitude. (again not moderating you here either).

So, yes. Again, I find your message valid. Your way of marketing your message in direct contrast with the message itself :(

In any case, I recognize that JWocky frequently comes in my defense. And when he is the bluntest, he is actually protecting my back. I think he knows I avoid reacting that aggresively, and he knows sometimes I need some help to present the counterattack on our group. Skyboat is the diplomat. JWocky is our thermonuke. For me it plays great, since it is better to be feared than loved (some writer suggested).
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Well, you can't rely on being loved, but then that is unnecessary as long as you are feared enough. Lets be honest, FGMEMBERS is not where it is because Curtis & Co loved it so much. And yes, my role in this triangle was always that of the weapon and I am okay with that. So, I did in a past conflict also the wise thing when weapon use appeared unfitting and asked Israel to moderate when I was party in a dispute. Unlike Stuart, I don't moderate in cases in which I am party. It happened in one case, we got a truce, the truce holds. Because my opponent in this dispute holds on to it and so do I. Because, at the end of the day, we are both men of our word.
However, the Lydiot has in a similar situation already once broken a similar. Not against me. Still, it doesn't help the trust, I would set in such a compromise with Lydiot. See, when I give a word, I keep it. And when I say, I give someone a free space for free speech, I give such a space. And when I step in to defend for example a party lacking the natural ability to aggression (that is an euphemism for Israel is sometimes waaaayyyyy too nice), I do so, no hold back, no secondary motives. Hurt my friends and I will hurt you, not as much as needed but as much as I possibly can. Now the Lydiot will probably compare once more to Hitler me for giving shelter and protection to others, or if it is not that, then he will compare me to Hitler to keep my word, or what confused ideas come up in his mind today ... nobody really knows ... but bottom line is, the Lydiot tried to jump me in the most malignant way and for the second time and he is not the man, in whose word I would put much trust. In so far, I see there not much hope in a truce at this point.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Not shutting up, how do I disable notifications? I don't care to read about these fights.

I am sorry that you think that of me, I only able to know small English. I am allowed to have an opinion no? I am also allowed to have free speech and say whatever I want no?

Regards,

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 06, 2016 3:50 pm

dont know what notifications you mean
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:54 pm

everytime new post, I get a (1) in the top.

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri May 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Go to user control panel->board preferences and turn off notifications you dont want
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:57 pm

thx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 pm

jwocky wrote:Well, actually, your total postings add up to a lot about flying, some religious discussions in which you treated other members of this forum quite arrogant and believed you own all wisdom of the world and all other people are racists, gy-bashers, nutjobs or whatnot, some really stupid posts about profiling in which you proved, you like to talk about things, you don't understand even on an absolute beginner level and now your attack on me because you think, my style is too harsh (and make baseless claims while ignoring the factual evidence about the correctness of comparisons I made). So, bottom line, you posts add up to "flight simmer and nutjob" as far as I can see it and honestly, to a terrible waste of my time.

I post here, that means I am "protecting killers and sacrificing innocents". That's what you said.

You're a delusional narcissist.

PS: I don't recall ever having called anyone on this forum a "racist", nor do I think everyone else is one. But it's actually quite good that you write that because it just shows everyone how disconnected from reality and normal discourse you really are. Just not sure who you think you're convincing when you write such nonsense, other than yourself that is.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 06, 2016 8:54 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:@Lydiot

I have re-read your comments above.

This is what I have to say. You have a very valid point, and sentiment -- if I understood you correctly.

You are bringing the point that we could market better to a wider audience by being somehow more careful on the strength of the language and avoid some conflicting references.

I actually notice KL-666 doing an effort to blacklist words that could have an unintended meaning crossculturally above. So in a way, some of your message is getting through.

Now, here is the funny part. Your way of bringing such message is contradicted by the way you have brought that message here. As in, I feel you had not marketed it that well, base simply upon tact on the conversation.

I understand your point, and I did give it some thought, but I think there is a difference. I'm talking to Jwocky about him spreading his message effectively. That conversation is intended for him to hear, and I don't think what anybody else thinks about that changes how he acts. Perhaps you do, but I seriously doubt it. In contrast, it was my impression that the points he made were ultimately about a much broader issue, about how a community should or should not work, and as such it is relevant to everyone who is in position to influence said community. That's why I think it's different.

Now, further more I totally understand your point regarding "tact", so let me just say that once you seriously make Nazi comparisons that ship has sailed. Jwocky doesn't understand tactful conversation, and he doesn't understand one without tact. The result is the same. So what difference does it make?

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:your promise to me before that questioning your opponent intelligence was a means of argumenting: That truce you broke. and with an attitude.

I actually don't recall having made such a general promise. If you're referring to PMs then those were in regards to a very specific case that we need not dig up again.

Return to “Club of the Banned”