We welcome now also Falcon to the club ...

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Octal450

Re: We welcome now also Falcon to the club ...

Postby Octal450 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

@Falcon

Maybe you shuold register falcon? yuo are N3266G.

Regards,

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 am

Edward sent a private apology to Falcon at the same time that I was presenting some evidence and 'interceding on behalf of the defendant'.
(I do feel a public one would be more appropriate, but...)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 am

There is exactly the problem. You should not need to put up evidence. And there is no defendent. They are only judges if you let them be. If they were the devil, which they kind of are, would you act the same way? Putting up evidence and naming someone defendent? No, you would not. So do not let yourself be pressed in the role of defendent now. Just turn your back at them.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:18 am

We have had some women empowerment, black empowerment, gay empowerment. It is about time we get some flightgear users/developers empowerment. Or is the current young generation too weak?

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:03 pm

@KL-666
I don't know if I would call myself weak, I have won several arguments easily before.

Regards,

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:47 pm

A discussion can hardly be seen as a thing that can be won or lost. You try to convince each other with arguments, but the receiver decides which arguments he accepts to change his opinion.

Anyway the "weak" or for that matter "strong" was about: Can you recognize that the opponent changes the rules of engagement? And if so, are you strong enough to say that you do not accept to be pushed in a certain role, of say a defendant, and turn your back to the discussion? Can a light weight alone in the dark taking on a heavy weight really do that? Or would it not be safer to be in the light of publicity, where other heavy weights can help you see clearly where you are being pushed in roles that you do not want to be in?

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue May 03, 2016 7:19 pm

The point here is, we are not a political party, we have a lot of different thoughts and ideas about how to handle the situation. Opposite to the other side, we have no "leader", we are all equal. So, everybody tries his own way, which also leads sometimes in situations when one of us got into someone who has some power leverage, as Bugman and his banning rights over there.
However, the charm here is, we have the freedom to sustain this wide variety. Here, everybody can have an own opinion and be free to speak it. Not that this would be always tension-free, but it works that way. That is an ethical quality, surely not a tactical quality. So if you consider it in mere tactical facts, it makes us weak and vulnerable. But as community, it makes us stronger. There is this old 1st Amendment line ... I don't agree with your opinion ... but I am ready to defend your right to express it with all I got. Food for thought because this forum is not a tactical platform, it is a community.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Club of the Banned”