Welcome to The CLUB! (bomber and it0uchpods)

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
IAHM-COL

Re: Welcome to The CLUB! (bomber and it0uchpods)

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:54 am

Richard wrote:https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?t=30442&p=294835#p294835

Thorsten,

This message here is not directly FlightGear related and simply creates another topic thread to perpetuate personal arguments. I am going to lock this topic. And I ask (in my nice moderator voice this time) that if you wish to continue arguing these topics, that you do so elsewhere. There is a perfect place to discuss these issues where all the people you are addressing with this message are free to reply ... I suggest you join that forum and continue this debate there.

Thank you.
Curt.

I personally find the attacks on Curt distasteful, unjustified and morally questionable, and this message highlights that it isn't just Simon that is attracting moderatorial attention in this discussion. When he says "And I ask (in my nice moderator voice this time)" I read it as "this is from me, as a moderator, asking nicely. If you continue with this then I will be telling you in not so nice a voice".

In my opinion you can't win a debate by attacking the person, that is to say that Ad hominem is more often than not a logical fallacy.

Well...
The post on you alledgely quote Curtis above does not longer exist, or at least this is what I get when I follow the link you've provided

Which is to say, a rather cruel demostration of what I've been trying to say: That is --regardless of whether you feel that my problem with Curtis is a personal one-- that Curtis and his comrades are showing a complete disregard to being just, balanced, fair. They treat one men with one kind of an stone, and the other with one kind of an smile, for very much the same excess.

Look, If the post no longer exist, it is because Curtis back-tracked any intention to be strong and firm to Thorsten about his behavior of consistently go-round the same argument while wrecking havoc on the Curtis' Forum.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:It takes two to Tango.

Was bomber talking back and forth to himself? No he wasnt'. The whole thing was fueled by Thorsten who kept playing the same libel and monotonous lie about property and GPL, and distribution without conveyance. At least, with Justice, Curtis should have brought the hammer to anyone involved -- instead of choosing who was right, and who was just wrecking havoc. So he unilaterally punished.

And maybe he went as far as threatening Thorsten publicly. But it was not long-lived we can see.

And again, talking about the balance of fairness: Strong words Curtis enunciated against Bomber are still there to be seen "privately" on the private Curtis' Forum.

Also, I found noteworthy to remember that Curtis, once he banned me, satisfyingly came along to demonstrate that once I was gone --the source of all conflict, he agreed-- then peace and closure could be found on his Forum[1]. I care to disagree today with such conclusion, after seen past 1 year of continuous disagreement and belligerence. If you ask me, his problem is that he has been culling the wrong people, instead of stopping the common denominator on every thread that goes awry: Thorsten and Bugman.

But O.K. Richard. I am sorry you conclude we are just being cruel with Curtis ways of handling "Justice" on his forum.

----Footnotes

[1]https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27457&start=30#p257871
Curtis wrote:The responses I have seen on the forum today give me a lot of encouragement. We still have many different opinions, and people are welcome to voice objections or disagreement (and have.) The difference that I've seen today is that it has all been largely respectful. No one really wants to fight all the time (or so I naively once thought), and we can clearly see that after we have removed the disruptive catalyst things have already become calmer.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:57 am

Come on, Richard, if they are so nice and fiar, tell them, you loaded a Jumbolino from FGMEMBERS ... what could possible happen if you post it over there?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:59 am

I have an even better dare: start sharing screenshots of Edinburgh development over there.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:01 am

Ah, come on Richard, you are so convinced, they are nice and respectful over there, what can happen? It's just a plane, it's just an Airport ... you don't want people to think, you don't dare that because you know what will really happen, do you?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 am

Curts post against Thorsten which is deleted immediate after the fact is a farce. If the little beggar had any guts, he would have put up a permanent notice as he did for Bomber.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:07 am

And, Richard, did you try? Tell us what happened, we are so curious...

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:28 am

IAHM-COL wrote:
Look, If the post no longer exist, it is because Curtis back-tracked any intention to be strong and firm to Thorsten about his behavior of consistently go-round the same argument while wrecking havoc on the Curtis' Forum.

Or it's because Thorsten deleted his thread. Which he did. I know what post/thread this is referring to, and it's no longer in Thorsten's history.

Since Curt said he was locking it, it's more likely that Thorsten deleted it entirely.

There's so much vitriol in this thread it's ridiculous. You guys need a couple beers or something. Chill out.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:52 am

That's funny, so over there a forum user is allowed to delete other peoples posts? Really odd. Should not possible on a correct configured forum.

Kind regards, Vincent

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:06 am

IAHM-COL wrote:The post on you alledgely quote Curtis above does not longer exist, or at least this is what I get when I follow the link you've provided

I tend to follow the forums via RSS; so I get stuff even if it is deleted. That's not why I use RSS, I use RSS because it's easier, it just happens to capture what's posted at the time. I can't say with any certainty who deleted the thread, but I can see that the thread probably contravened the forum rules was off topic anyway and would be a candidate for deletion for any of these reasons.

IAHM-COL wrote:... complete disregard to being just, balanced, fair. They treat one men with one kind of an stone, and the other with one kind of an smile, for very much the same excess.

Now that's much closer to being a fair criticism of the matter in hand - without a personal attack; and it raises a valid question; i.e. is there bias, and if there is bias is it within acceptable limits.

As for the suggestion of pretending I have a problem with an aircraft to post a message - that's ridiculous as I don't even post when I do have a problem with any craft; I'll just fix it. I also don't usually post screenshots of any of work in progress unless there is a set of release files to go with it.

When Edinburgh is finished and with a set of release files that could go into a zipfile (or into its own repository) and be available as a custom scenery download that's the sort of additional content that is worth posting about and would need a screenshot to illustrate the newly available content.

So I'm going to politely refuse the option of posting a deliberately inflammatory message as I'm fairly certain I know what the outcome would be.

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:21 am

Bomber, come on, you openly said you are interested in manipulating people and "pushing people's buttons", do you really wonder why people don't like this?
This has nothing to do with dictatorship, but with people not interested in tolerating that.
There are many doubtful decisions made everywhere, but that's not one of them, IMO.

Return to “Club of the Banned”