At what point does an attack constitute a ban?

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
bomber

Re: At what point does an attack constitute a ban?

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:48 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Physics goes one way. The assumptions we use to work with other.

Yes that's the problem with flight modeling, created by bi-cycle salesmen.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:27 pm

You say FDM development is easy.

I didn't say that. What I said is I could make a JSBsim that flies as good as the YAsim in the same amount of time. It won't be realistic, but it will fly about "as good" as the YAsim one. That's pretty easy. Making an FDM that is realistic is certainly not, and anyone who tells you otherwise is clueless or has access to black magic.

I think it needs something a bit stronger than what he initially wrote.... that's all I'm saying

That's a fair point. I guess I kind of expected it to go like last time. He starts mundane, then someone responds, and then boom more and more harsh. I guess we will never know at this point.

I do wonder if stuart just doesn't like me or something. That's the third time or something he banned me like that, when I've seen far harsher words go with just a warning from moderation + post edited. Oh well! I guess I can post my next MD-11 updates tomorrow instead... LOL

Kind Regards,
Josh

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Octal450 wrote:
You say FDM development is easy.

I didn't say that.

I meant @bomber
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:38 pm

oh I think you've mis-represented me there
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Knüppelrührer wrote: As JSBsim vs. Yasim-positions are clear meanwhile and I am involved in an aircraft using both FDMs, I would really appreciate to learn from posts on topic.
So: what can happen in those combined models?

Helijah replied: Well, waste your time, pull out your hair like me and others have done before. Why should we have to explain our experience over and over again.
Since 2006, 14 years of experience to explain in a post of a few dozen lines.
So instead of asking questions, since you're not listening anyway. Just go ahead and do it. And come back when you succeed........ to understand that this is not possible.

As I said deluded......I believe the AH1 was a YAsim helicopter.... it's now a JSBsim Scorpion helicopter

Very possible.
Last edited by bomber on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bomber

Postby bomber » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:I am doing my own JSBsim. The three-d is helijah's. :D

Yesterday it flew for the first time, and that's an accomplishment.
It used to be a brick. Right now is a kite. Progress in the right direction :D

I would always suggest that if anyone wants to learn flight modeling that they first start with a glider..

By using a glider you're eliminating the propulsion effects which have a major effect on performance, and the thrust has no part to play in aerodynamics. And you simplify the mass ballance of the plane and thus it's inertia.

So by removing the engine, prop, turbine, you're removing some very dodgy JSBsim code from the equation and allow you to focus on just what is happening aerodynamically.

I appreciate people don't want to do a glider, preferring to do their favourite ride, but it's not going to do your favourite ride justice if you're unknowledgable about the quirks of JSBsim.

This is not aimed at you, it's just a general comment.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:07 pm

bomber wrote:
As I said deluded......I believe the AH1 was a YAsim helicopter.... it's now a JSBsim Scorpion helicopter

Very possible.

Can you link the quote? I couldnt find it. Couldnt see context then.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm

bomber wrote:
This is not aimed at you, it's just a general comment.

Fair enough. It was a direct hit.
I did the perfect opposite. I optimized engine position, and thrust levels and directions to reported specs. And then I started from there.

Glider? How can I make my favorite ride a glider wihout thrusting here with anything but environment weather?

I know at least one glider JSBsimers that still do lot of crap. He knows who I am talking about, too. Which is the saddest part. So that's for the general comment.

R.M.S.

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:I know at least one glider JSBsimers that still do lot of crap. He knows who I am talking about, too. Which is the saddest part. So that's for the general comment.

To understand whether or not this is targetted at me (being the person who maintains most of FGAddon's glider), could you please specify who you are talking about?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:27 pm

why would I specify? If you feel it hits you then that's your opinion of yourself.

R.M.S.

Return to “Club of the Banned”