New Member joins the club - Bomber

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Wecsje

Re: New Member joins the club - Bomber

Postby Wecsje » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Even tho it may have been a joke or idk what, it is UNACCEPTABLE to write/post something like that, see, on the interwebs you can't read people's expressions, and you can't know if they actually mean it or not, face to face you can (although I still think it is not ok). The receiver of the message may have thought it was meant in a harsh way, and can feel very bad about it now. If someone were to be making threats like this, even tho it may have been ment as a joke, on my discord servers (and I have a few of them), they would be banned right away, and most of the people there would agree (and yes, I have banned several users because of this, luckily never happened on the FlightGear one).

@Lydiot: https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33143&start=15#p321200

Regards.

Charlie (Wecsje)
Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/wecsjelive
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FlightSims United discord (https://discord.me/flightsimsunited), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313

123apple

Postby 123apple » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Lydiot wrote:Where can I read Bomber's offensive message? I'm not seeing it anywhere...

https://web.archive.org/web/20171031192542/https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33143&p=321250

7th post down

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 pm

I agree. No matter what Thorsten may say, death threats are a very immature and unnecessary response.

Just because you are upset(?) about what may have happened to you with Thorsten, doesn't mean he needs to die.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the link.

That wasn't a threat though. What he said was pretty much the same as "Why don't you go to hell" or "Screw your". There's no threat there.

The question is if it is ok to insult someone like that. But it wasn't a threat.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

It's a joke.... aimed at a pathetic individual who loves hearing the sycophants and having got bored of his constant snipes following every post I make, I decided to fire off a glib comment.

Look I'm not going to lose any sleep over this ban... All the moderators and curt had been in over the past days and seen the post after Thorstem had reported it.... There was no problem with it otherwise it would have been actioned on earlier.... It's after Thorsten brings it up again and I try and explain the saying in 'popular culture' to a non native English speaker that he then ties me to abusive substance addiction that I'm banned... It's laughable.

And I said I don't wish Thorstem dead... But if I was to say how I really feel then a ban would be justified.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 pm

What threat?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

123apple

Postby 123apple » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm

bomber wrote:It's a joke.... aimed at a pathetic individual who loves hearing the sycophants and having got bored of his constant snipes following every post I make, I decided to fire off a glib comment.

Conversley, Thorsten could say the same about you. The thing is, he does not have a record of being generally unpleasant. I do not doubt the quality of your or his work. But you, in my opinion, deserved everything you got because of your general attitude. You may have been very good at FDM's, and whatnot.

You're just so miserable... you suck the life out of this forum and people talking about our hobby...

Before you say,
"Thorsten does have a record of being unpleasant!!! :o :o :o :o :o :x :x :x :x "

I quote,

On the other hand, what bomber said was not literal, nor a joke of wishing Thorsten dead. You are all failing miserably on your abilities to read along the lines, and understanding meaning. Some of you are doing that on purpose (mimicking the stupid [Thinking Hooray, Curt, and Thorsten himself in this group]), while others are honestly, or apparently, totally unable to grasp undertone in the language.

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Have you seen my post output on that forum in the last year.... its dried up.

I simply don't spend the time there that I used too.... if you guys there are happy with having topics shutdown by cleverly worded posts from Thorstem and others well I'm now fine with it.. I didn't used to be but times change.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 am

As i have experienced before, things that i am used to say at home or in the bar or anywhere in my surroundings, can be taken very different somewhere else on this planet. The question is then: can you go on using your language on an international forum, or do you need to adapt to worldly median? I think everyone must choose for himself.

Sadly there is a forum on the prowl to ban. They wait patiently until someone makes a "mistake", and then they go for the kill.

In this case specifically, from my background, i am not shocked at all by the words. To me they seem a normal expression of "Back off!". But as said, i understand it if elsewhere on the planet this is taken as a threat to murder.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:33 am

What does all those people who got banned/left have a thing in common?
Argued against Thorsten :roll:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Club of the Banned”