New Member joins the club - Bomber

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
N3266G

Re: New Member joins the club - Bomber

Postby N3266G » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:28 pm

It seems that Thorsten has not changed his ways. But what else is new?
Image Image

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 pm

"BTW, I agree with Thorsten on that thread, so do a few others aswell. There are currently 400 planes in FGaddon, and another 800 in FGmembers, most of them are all very shitty, except for a few."

I also agree with this.... I just think that stymying conversation about what plane you'd like to see in FG is a negative as a that plane could have turned out to be one of the very shitty planes... And then they might have got together and worked on it.... I might even have helped with a starter FDM if they'd demanded GPL only work or the whole FDM if CC... But we'll never know.

This is what I mean by sucking the life out of the forum....

You have to nurture seedlings not stamp on them.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 pm

The problems are time and information. Time means manpower, so, yes, we need to grow more seedlings. Maybe, if before the festival some more people fly around in MP and propagate the festival there, we meet new interesting people since the festival was not promoted on Curtis' forum at all.
Information: Well, we have a handful people who work on a lot of things, and currently this doesn't include me. Not because I woulkdn't want, but because the day has only 24 hours. So, we were never able to bring up a better information system and better tools. Now, with the split into Discord and this forum, I wouldn't even know where to start.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 am

I guess some of you missed the part where Bomber told Thorsten he didn't really wish he was dead, but the Curt come in with the ban hammer after Thorsten and Hooray both commented and it seemed all was well.

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 am

Josh tell me where you get death threat out of what Bomber said. You may need to go read it again.

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:04 am

did you check the fg forum?
Image Image

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:26 am

Yep I've been at it with them off and on all day. I read it all. He essentially told him he wished he would STF up so the rest of us could have a conversation. He never said " I will kill you so we can speak" or anything of the sort. Granted I wouldn't have been happy if that was said to me but I don't go cry to the mods every chance I get either, actually I never do.

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 am

Then it might have come from a PM in discord
Image Image

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am

Not sure what you mean.

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 am

I don't know what Discord would have to do with Bomber and the forum.

Return to “Club of the Banned”