The Festival of FlightGear, November '17

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Octal450

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, November '17

Postby Octal450 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm

I was trying my hardest to be there more -- but sadly alot of pain in stomach caused my absence. :(

Luckily, I figured out a new medication was causing that last night, so I will be better in the next festival.

Thanks to my visitors, I hope you did enjoy mine ATC service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Kind Regards,
Josh

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Parameter stability is not what happened in Genoa. The weather was on Sunday changing all five minutes and the wind made me switch the runway direction several times, but it always was totally wrong, the pick was mostly between a lot of crosswind from the left or the right with a few knots tailwind vs the advantage of ILS.
I had actually early on Saturday and then the last hour of my Sunday service a few fighters, I am not sure whether they were with OPRF though. They cruised through telling me, they were patrolling the area, there was a Viggen searching for a certain Tu-154, but thy got it organized in a way, they didn't endanger or disturb any of the commercial planes. In between, there was lester with a nice old plane, someone came with a DC-3 and Michat, Miguel and Chris came with Pipers and Cessnas, just to round up the picture on my field.

I am still thinking to ask around so someone can make me a list in Spanish and Portugese for all the standard lines like "turn left to xxx degrees" or "descent to 6000 ft". See, English is the language of air traffic, alright, but I still would like to find a way to get at least basic instructions out to those who can't speak English. It's just one of my ideas.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I think OpenRadar can translate to many languages automatically; using the Chat function.

Not sure.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:53 am

IAHM-COL wrote:... I've got concorde planes forced to land 25 crosswinds due to runway length considerations, with other pilots approaching the 20 runway. Some pilots even got to experience the gusts of Saturday afternoon wind, which forced them to experience go-arounds.

Hmmm, wind gust was very strong. Autopilot refused autoland, landed manualy on rwy 25 with 49 tons of fuel onboard, 7000 feets of runway 20 should be enough, but I didn't want overheat or light the brakes or again go around in that wild weather. Half mile from touch-down point of rwy 25 extremly strong wind gust forced me to drift in angle more than 15 degree, but landed smoothly and safely - I have good training from himalayan notorious windy Paro :twisted:

The next supersonic flight home to LZIB was without any incidents or accidents :)
ImageImage

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Israel.

Sad to hear Josh, hope you feel better now. Actually your little presence there granted us a few points even though that was the stage were almost no-one (expect you and a few others) were online from my team.

jwocky wrote:I had actually early on Saturday and then the last hour of my Sunday service a few fighters, I am not sure whether they were with OPRF though. They cruised through telling me, they were patrolling the area, there was a Viggen searching for a certain Tu-154, but thy got it organized in a way, they didn't endanger or disturb any of the commercial planes.

I'm quite sure it wasn't OPRF-related, might be that they were part of OPRF but I'm sure it wasn't event-related or something.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:22 pm

thanks mate

actually found my sleep meds to be the problem.... So while I wait for the new ones -- I AM EXHAUSTED!

Kind Regards,
Josh

Return to “The Festival”