The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Octal450

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby Octal450 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I just realized the your avatar never loads @IAHM-COL
It just says LOADING... for ages. It's never even loaded ever!!!

A screenshot right before closing up: http://prntscr.com/f4yir5

Kind Regards,
Josh

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:23 pm

I hate those guys with moving avatars. That moving all the time makes me completely nervous :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:32 am

Well, i did the whole shebang back and forth today. It took me some twelve hours, but hey, congratulations to the organization. i got ATC on all airports.

Mandalay
Bangkok
Phuket
Singapore
Phuket
Bangkok
Mandalay

See what tomorrow brings.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 am

And to SHM i want to say that i did want to try his stars at Singapore. But after several Fg crashes when touching the route manager, i gave up.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun May 07, 2017 2:00 am

Israel gave me a warning before your arrival, saying that I shouldn't give you a STAR, but stick to vectors, which is why I didn't even mention it :lol:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 07, 2017 2:21 am

KL-666 wrote:I hate those guys with moving avatars.

:shock: :cry: :cry: :| :(
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 am

KL-666 wrote:Well, i did the whole shebang back and forth today. It took me some twelve hours, but hey, congratulations to the organization. i got ATC on all airports.

Mandalay
Bangkok
Phuket
Singapore
Phuket
Bangkok
Mandalay

See what tomorrow brings.

Kind regards, Vincent

Thanks. I've enjoyed the festival a lot so far.
I say encourage yours friends to join, we could handle more heat on the ATC seats :D

Also, KL666 You missed Oscar in Kuala Lumpur, you passed right by him... ;)

And in Phuket, you enjoyed multiple ATC transitions, too :D

I must say I am very happy with the quality of the ATCs I've encounter. I see a huge growth in FG multiplayer scene in terms of Quality of the controlled airspaces, and I think the festivals have been at the center of it all.

I want to extend a big thankful to all participants for their positive engagement and lots of effort in making a very comprehensive festival in the area of controlled airspaces simulation.

And off course looking forward tomorrow for our helicopter's mini-event in Vietnam, and the closing sessions.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 07, 2017 2:35 am

KL-666 wrote:And to SHM i want to say that i did want to try his stars at Singapore. But after several Fg crashes when touching the route manager, i gave up.

Kind regards, Vincent

I invite you to consider what I do sometimes. Indeed SIDS and STARS are mainly for "children of Magenta", but in reality you can create a mental conception of what the star does and follow it really manually (specially those that are not just RNAV strings). That way you can enjoy the simplicity of approaching/departing with a procedural method from a controlled airspace for a cool comprehensive simulation of controlled airspaces.

(yes, your point that vectoring occurs frequently in controlled airspace is correct, but SIDs and STARs are also proccedures in use, I believe)

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 am

it0uchpods wrote:A screenshot right before closing up: http://prntscr.com/f4yir5

Kind Regards,
Josh

This is mine

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun May 07, 2017 3:26 am

IAHM-COL wrote:(yes, your point that vectoring occurs frequently in controlled airspace is correct, but SIDs and STARs are also proccedures in use, I believe)

I believe SIDs are used most of the time, and STARs not that much. Just part of it, and once you're transferred to APP, they vector you in.

This is what the charts say, so its indeed used more.
All southbound flights from the west of Singapore operating on ATS routes A464 and A576, LDG at WSSS
are to REQ for STAR only from Singapore ATC on primary FREQ 133.250 or secondary FREQ 135.800
when RWY in use is 20 and within D120 SJ. Flights shall still remain under control of Kuala Lumpur ATC.
ARR via A464 plan BOBAG 1A or 1B as STAR route. When traffic permits, BOBAG 1K, 1L or LELIB 2B STAR
would be issued.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “The Festival”