The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

May 5th and 6th, 2018
J Maverick 16

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Ehm not too much OSM buildings... :lol:

About airport distances, well you can do Milan Naples then up to Venice and down again to Sardinia or whatever. ;)

Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

V12

Postby V12 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Thank You for perfect event and ATC service at Phuket. My original intention was make flight from Jakarta to Hongkong with short visits of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and Bangkog. But I made catastrophic mistake and upgraded Ubuntu from 14.04 to 17.04. After upgrade system worked well, expect graphics. Because our dear AMD doesn't make Catalyst for newer release than 14.XX. All alternative drivers for my AMD FirePro used in DELL Precission M4600 are pieces of the crap and FG run like slideshov. I made full reinstall onto 14.04 with fully functional Catalyst and now all is OK.
Again - big thank You.
ImageImage

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:54 pm

SHM wrote:Also as Vincent pointed out, the distances between the airports seem to be small. But nothing can be done about that.

I think i said that in relation to that most ATC's want to sit in north Italy. But as maverick says: Naples is already a good distance from the north. If also Sardinia and Sicily are manned, a nice circle route can be done with good distances.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Okay, we should continue the lists who ATCs where in Italy in an Italy Festival thread. As far as I remember right now, some airports in the South and Sardinia and Corsica were claimed already when I made my min d up for Genoa because I went north only because I think Calvi was already claimed by someone else.

I still think, the idea of a wider variety of events has merits. Of course, it is a lot of work, so someone has to do it and some events demand coordination while they go on, so there is more work also for ATCs or ATC-like operations. I mean, we have also ships, right? So, let one sink or disappear and see how our pilots do with an airborne search and rescue? But then, we need a good ATC for marshaling them as well. Or maybe someone wants to plan an emergency operation in an earthquake or mudslide area? Airborne firefighters maybe? A carrier off the coast maybe? Those are just ideas and maybe someone can flesh them out more?

The promotion aspect is very important for two things: First, we want more people at the Festivals, second we want in general more people in FG. Alas, I am not the real social media person. So, whoever knows more about it, we are looking for a public relations person as it looks to me ;-)
On a personal side note: I really sop thinking in categories like "FG Event" or "FGMEMBERS Event". We do anyway 80 to 90% of the work, all Curtis smurfs do is hampering us and thus causing even more work. So, as far as I am concerned, it is just "Event" and we promote it where and how we can.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:23 pm

+1.
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Return to “The Festival”