• Italy 2017
  • Scandinavia 2017
  • Spain 2017

NON-EUROPE

• The Caucasus 2017
  • Central America + Mexico 2017
  • India 2017
  • New Guinea 2017
  • Peninsular South East Asia 2017 (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore)
  • The South American Andes 2017
  • US East Coast 2017
  • US West Coast 2017

As we wave good-bye to the Fall Festival UK+Ireland 2017, it begins time to start deciding as a community where the FG Festivals are going to be held in 2017. The mechanisms of selection were worked out for the last festivals. This is what we will do:

We will select two locations for 2017.

One location will be within Europe. The selected location will be used for The Fall Festival to be held on the First weekend of November (Nov 4th and Nov5th, 2017), and this coincides with FSWeekend.

A second location will be selected anywhere in the World, except in Europe. The location selected to be used for the Spring Festival to be held on the First weekend of May, exactly six months after the Fall Festival concludes (May 6th and May 7th, 2017).

The locations are selected with two polls

Two polls are held in Curtis' Forum (to engage the greater part of the FG community in the decision). These polls are held simultaneously and last exactly 15 days. One poll includes all options for Non-European locations, and other poll includes all options for European locations.

Once the poll is completed in Curtis' Forum and the final results are revealed, then 4 additional votes are added to this count. The votes, to maintain secrecy will be added as a count of 4 votes (they could be for same or different locations). These corresponds to the votes of JWocky, Skyboat, IH-COL and SHM. All these cannot participate in polls held in Curtis' Forum. All these four members can act as an electoral college. That is: They can communicate behind curtains and decide to tail all the 4 votes to a single location, potentially changing the partial result observed in Curtis' Popular votes --or not-- :D

The Winner locations, after accounting the 4 additional votes from the members Curtis' banned from his forum, are selected as the Locations on which the Festivals 2017 are to be held.

I'm curious... VERY VERY Curious.

Let's roll the talk.

Everyone that is interested, feel free to candidate any location of interest to be added to these 2 polls below.

@Elgaton,
Would you mind adding a thread in Curtis Forum to gather interesting places to add to the polls for the 2017 locations?

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: Talking Festival 2017

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 am

I want to suggest candidates:

The first candidate I want to be brought forward is The Scandinavia, for the European 2017 Festival

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:13 am

The Second candidate I want to be brought Forward

I want to suggest India 2017 :D

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 am

Well i know the mountainous places i like outside Europe. Andes, the Bogota - Quito run. Or Middle America the Mexico City - Toncontin run.

In Europe maybe Scandinavia. But mind you, Scandinavia is huge, with Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 am

KL-666 wrote: But mind you, Scandinavia is huge, with Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.

Kind regards, Vincent

The Main cities actually form a sort of parallelogram triangle with rather acceptable distances :D
And it leaves lord of min-games and military-event friendly fiords coming more north :D

GCMAP

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:25 am

KL-666 wrote:Well i know the mountainous places i like outside Europe. Andes, the Bogota - Quito run. Or Middle America the Mexico City - Toncontin run.

The Andes (Bogota-Quito, etc) and Central-America+Mexico are great selections KL666. Added! :D

And, Strikes home <3

Did it0uchpods call for Caribbean for a choice? I recall.
And someone else did mention East coast for North America

IH-COL

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:28 am

i miss Bergen on that chart. One of the more interesting places :-)

And i surely do not object to Caribbean. I like to follow that island chain visually.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 am

Historical Locations

For the newer members and those not informed, this is the past Festival List

• Iberia Fall 2014
  • Argentina + Brazil Spring 2015
  • Austria Switzerland Fall 2015
  • Japan Spring 2016
  • UK + Ireland Fall 2016

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:30 am

KL-666 wrote:i miss Bergen on that chart. One of the more interesting places :-)

And i surely do not object to Caribbean. I like to follow that island chain visually.

Kind regards, Vincent

Bergen can be included. It still lies within distance of Oslo :D

I wouldn't object for adding the Caribbean to the poll either. We just need Josh (or someone else) to bring the candidate forward.

R.M.S.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:25 am

Of course, Isreal meant the four Jabberwocky.net members who are permanently banned from the forum of King Curtis ...
otherwise, my candidates are already in the list: Scandinavia and Andes.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “The Festival”