UK, the Festival - A job for KSUU and FGUK

May 5th and 6th, 2018
jwocky
Site Admin

UK, the Festival - A job for KSUU and FGUK

Postby jwocky » Fri May 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello,

a question for all those military flyers out there ... do you think, maybe at the time, ATC stations are not occupied, we could do something with WWII planes? Be it museum flight, be it some kind of operation? Not that we need to light up cities or something, but maybe someone has an idea?

J.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

J Maverick 16

Re: UK, the Festival - A job for KSUU and FGUK

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 pm

jwocky wrote:Hello,
a question for all those military flyers out there ... do you think, maybe at the time, ATC stations are not occupied, we could do something with WWII planes? Be it museum flight, be it some kind of operation? Not that we need to light up cities or something, but maybe someone has an idea?

It's difficult to say, FGUK is not that interested in the Festival but as it will fly (I hope) over UK it can be considered for doing such a thing since I'll try to make a FlightNight for them with old RAF stuff (not WWII but something like Jaguars, Vulcans, Victors, ...). I'll share the question with them nd talk about this to know more.

About OPRF, we are talking about expanding the current fleet to more and maybe older planes, like WWII ones. To be honest, I have no idea about doing this, I'll talk with them later. All I can tell is that we don't even know what to do over UK yet.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:15 pm

The OPRF developers are pretty tapped out developing and upkeeping the planes we already have, so not sure if it'd be "an official OPRF event" with dogfighting and such, but I know a bunch of us would be interested in doing it anyways.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Okay, if it is after WWII, we can always do something cold war out of Scotland. They were hunting Russian subs with Nimrods back then.
I asked for WWII basically because I like the old birds. And some military action could interest FGUK as well, maybe not in the regular Festival activities but as something enriching it. I am still gathering ideas about what to do aside of flying controlled from A to B to C to A.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:32 pm

We will probably be running ops again, so you're welcome to come fly with us! We could even plan one around a tanker or something if you'd prefer to not fly a fighter.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 13, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm a little but too clumsy for fighters ...

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:57 pm

I volunteer again for bring ya all across the Ocean again, I can't wait for the UK Festival, there are such a lot of activities we can do there. Scenery work is 99% done for where we'll stay and also possible routes were made. Obviously I'll fly my F-15C during the Festival since we'll be at The Heath. ;)
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Return to “The Festival”