The Festival is coming close!! :D

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Omega

Re: The Festival is coming close!! :D

Postby Omega » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 am

I can hand-fly perfect holds in a skyhawk :ugeek: .

At least we are not calling them "loops" (hint: jomo).

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 am

@Lego
manual holds?
I'm your teacher for those :P

[I mean, I use to practice these, if I need to continuously time myself, and use the AP allowed, I can make holds on spot]

What I am saying is that FG APs are not yet capable of grabbing the holds by themselfs. Omegas' were able AFAIK (The A33x, and the B78x -- I believe have code on them to get these hold grabbed automagically ... yet as you even point out... well.... they may be out of function atm.

:)

@Lego2

I believe you about the Route manager fides. I say it does not accept coordinates, in the form of let's say 78.552,-14.322 (or whatever). I tried these when RNAV routes lack the fix pointed, and I never got it to work. Had you?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

Ok, I thought since we bother to enter the holds in the route manager file with all the proper syntax, then it's supposed to work. Else it's just a nice drawing on the map.
Then I'll add the two simple SIDs.
I also see that elgaton has dug up the coordinates of the two missing waypoints for ARBOS7N and SIROD5N, so that's a whole waypoint more and I'll add those ones, too.

IAHM-COL wrote:I say it does not accept coordinates, in the form of let's say 78.552,-14.322 (or whatever). I tried these when RNAV routes lack the fix pointed, and I never got it to work. Had you?

It should work. But I've found a better way and lately I add them directly to the fix.dat.gz. I have 400+ waypoints added and I'll share it when I find a minute.

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:57 am

BTW, I have yet to see a FG controller use a hold.

Side

Postby Side » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:27 pm

simbambim wrote:BTW, I have yet to see a FG controller use a hold.

I use to do it when im instruct to (by ATC usually) but I use to manage prety well my descend rate when im flying on my own... :mrgreen:

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 pm

I once was put on a hold near KLAX by an interim ATC (I believe it was Lydiot, but can't tell for sure!)

Not that he needed too. He counted with 4 Rwys and only two pilots to touch down. Bringing one point: The traffic density is not usually high enough to make for holds a necessity. Well... yes; sometimes it has been in the USA Tour, and then, to the crew, I have instructed hold patterns in a few of our arrivals.

Now, if Geneve traffic gets hefty --and given we only have one paved runway available, we have two holding VOR available: GVA(one minute- left Turn) and SPR (one minute - right turn), both at 7000 ft, 225 degrees.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:52 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:we have two holding VOR available: GVA(one minute- left Turn) and SPR (one minute - right turn)

Also CBY to the southwest.

The file is ready. I uploaded it here.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks Simbambin :D
It looks great. Very complete :P

I added it to the Festival Repository for you:
https://github.com/ElGaton/festival-fli ... edures.xml

IH-COL

R.M.S.

vector

Postby vector » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:16 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:The file TMA for LSGG; If I am correct, the file should be named with a proper xml extension?

Yes of course if you want it displayed. I probably pushed it being lazy, but I haven't used it much anyway as in OpenRadar the display is already filled with a lot of information most pilots don't use :)

V.

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks, IAHM-COL. That was quick. :D
A warning to the pilots, though. Do NOT fly the SIDs (especially the SIDs, but some of the STARs, too) just by route manager. You still have to follow the chart for the initial climb level, turns, distances, radials, altitude and speed restrictions that are NOT in this file.
Should I have put this in the file itself? :roll:

Return to “The Festival”