United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi All. I think we will sort this properly, and it is great we talk early about the compact situation there.
I appreciate T-URBO efforts to ressolve the operations in this area. I suggest we give him a few days to let us know abit more of his enquiries :P

I checked Skyvector. I noticed that Airspace boundaries for Tower seem to be rather clear. I believe the best approach here would be if everyone chooses an airport an offer systematically Tower (with lateral and vertical airspace restrictions as shown in Skyvector and/or other charts), and someone with more experience offers the high-altitude control (Maybe it is London_Center?)

If this is the case, I'd give my confidence vote to Elgaton who has a very amazing record with us managing crazyness in the Festival :)

Finally, in more isolated positions the Controllers operate either as centers or Approach (example, Legoboy in Belfast and IH-COL in Edinburgh)

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 12:08 am

Without Going into exquisite detail or deep study; just by gazing at skyvector, this is the situation I see:

London Overload

On these circumstances I think we can have 6 ATCs for a fully coverage of London area. The map above shows lateral airspaces restrictions, whereas the vertical restrictions are much clearer if you visit Skyvector directly, and follow the marked outlines

• LACC (London Area Control Centre) - I suggest elgaton

Towers:
  • EGLL - Heathrow : GND (Oscar) / TWR (ACI) *
  • EGLC - London city : TWR (Open)
  • EGSS - London Stansted (ATCJay)
  • EGMC - London Southend TWR (Open)
  • EGKK - Gatwick: GND (ATC1337) / TWR (Josh) *

I believe that due the complexities on the ground network on both Gatwick and Heathrow, Two additional ATCs could be availiable for Grounding there, in addition to Tower (raising the number to 8 ATCs for a London Overload)

Other places

• EGAA_Belfast (APP) : Legoboy
  • EIDW_Dublin (APP): SHM
  • EGPH_Edinburgh (APP) : IH-COL
  • EGOD_Lanbergh (FGUK): J.Maverick

Supporting locations outside the Festival zone

• EHAM_Schiphol (APP) : T-URBO

@DJim/KOL -
I would preffer elgaton taking the center position, which means for you a "downgrade". Both London City and Southend towers are currently open, and I wonder if you would be willing to take either. Both are great locations. Interestingly, London city is one of the hardest approaches I know of, with a very inclined G/S degree, a very deep approach, and easy to crash down (short Runway). The scenery is nice too :) [Hint Hint]

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 12:35 am

Somewhow this is what we'll be looking at so far...

The core in london offer pilots multiple Londinese departure destinations into the farther locations

I think it comes along as a very interesting UnitedKingdom parallelogram for the FSWeekend

Finally, LondonFIR... If only we could convince Omega :S

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:42 am

I did not expect EGAA. I would have expected EIDW as it is more central to London-Edinburgh. Not important, just an observation.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 12:46 am

legoboyvdlp wrote:And who is ATC1337, it0uchpods?

If he asked for Gatwick first, he can have it, but if you remember, I asked for tower and ground :)

But really, I could just go to Northern Ireland as Belfast Approach.

I certainly Agree KL666. Yet, If I recall Correctly, Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and thus, is Within the selected territory, whereas Ireland is a country independent of its own, and I think that played a role in Lego's consideration. So far only EHAM is out of the Festival area... which in any case is FSWeekend hostland.

In a way, there is very fair representation of UK with Lego on Belfast

This is

England =- the London Center
Wales =- the FGUK center
Scotland =- IH-COL
N.Ireland =- Legoboy

==EDIT==
On the other hand, now that I remember, Ireland was also voted in (with UK, and Ireland has zero representation so far!! :( )

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:50 am

Oh, i thought we did all the islands. UK and Ireland (meaning Ireland and not North Ireland. That is already in the UK).

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 12:51 am

yes. I edit my comment and you are correct.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 12:54 am

@Djim. In case you want a different position, (not London-City or London Southend)...
Would Dublin call you in for an Approach position?

@SM, would this be an Offer you'd be interested at? I flew into Narita and you did outstanding Job!

R.M.S.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:48 am

@oscar6662, I disagree, just like VATSIM, Approaches control only traffic coming to their airports.

Regards,

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 10, 2016 3:25 am

Hi,
I was planning somewhere in Ireland.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “The Festival”