As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:10 pm

he is the man for the task

Annoying task, but his sacrifice for the cause, I guess.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:21 pm

@IAHM-COL,

That's a good way to characterize it, but I'm thankful he's willing to take it on.

@elgaton: Thank you for stepping up and helping ensure the Spring Festival gets this important task taken care of! :D
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:03 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:I think as we stand right now, thinking on 4 ATCS serving 4 cities is very realizable.

I hope/believe we can count with elgaton, KIWI, and me. That's 3 out of 4.
A fourth collaborator is much possible to find. :D

If CaptB agrees to control Copenhagen, we already have all 4.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:32 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:@ Simbambin

I think as we stand right now, thinking on 4 ATCS serving 4 cities is very realizable.

I hope/believe we can count with elgaton, KIWI, and me. That's 3 out of 4.
A fourth collaborator is much possible to find. :D

An having 4 cities to hop on certainly quite a pleasure to pilots, + offer several possibilites of enrouting...

VERY CLEVER :D

IH-COL

How about Omega as a Center controller?
I'll just be flying in these two. ATC is too stressful, and even boring at times.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Another person to consider for ATC or control might be T-URBO. He's done some informal work and does a pretty good job. If he'd be willing to do a bit more training he has the potential to be a good ATC/Controller. Just a thought. Haven't asked him if he'd even be interested.
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:05 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:ATC is too stressful, and even boring at times.

That sounds like a contradiction. :lol:
(But I know what you mean)

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I do not know what the idea behind the festival locations is, but as i have experienced it, it is about discovering lesser used areas. In that light Scandinavia is a very good one. But central Europe not at all. Germany, Benelux and France are often well populated with ATC and pilots. I would not even mention them in the poll.

Looking at the UK and Ireland a bit more, i see a huge advantage in being able to have a 100% builtup airports. Gatwick-Edinburg-Dublin Could be a good base triangle. But there are so many more to choose from. All London airports are developed. Further there are Londonderry, Newcastle, Liverpool, Hull, Cardiff, and many more.

Sure a few military airports are used by fguk. But being military is a totally different category from the mostly civil festival. There is no chance of interference, and finally the fine British civil airports will become known to the greater public.

Btw. Can the "UK and Ireland" be mentioned as such in the poll, and not by those 2 specific airports EGOD and EGNS?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:21 pm

hi Vincent

I couldn't agree more

1) Having festival in less frequented areas brings traffic, and also allows us to explore those areas more. The Scandinavian triangles are quite well designed for that.
2) The poll should talk about areas not airports. Really, what airports are going to be served is a secondary matter over the area. So UK+Ireland is a more appropriate description of a poll candidate.
3) Areas more frequented like Germany and France. I think they may be removed from the poll, but on the other hand there is no reason to prevent them to be candidates as well. I don't think they are the stronger candidates this year. I proposed them, but I have no concern if they both get dropped before the poll is made.
4)About developed airports. I think that is a situation that is somewhat subjective, and it will be weighted by each person prior to cast their vote. Some may say it's better the potential airport is fully developed. Others may say that maybe a non developed airport offers a nice opportunity to make some scenery for that place and have FG inherit something out of the Festival. --in this sense I still feel that Scandinavia and UK+Ireland are going to be a very interesting pair of competitors to watch out for :D

going back to Spring, I quite really wonder who could be taking a lead?

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 pm

There's one thing about Scandinavia--we'll be able to showcase the new winter textures up there (assuming they get pushed in time)
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:10 am

Another positive for the UK is that Edinburgh (EGPH) also has a nice terminal and the approach to RWY 24 coming off of the English Channel has bridges and other buildings. It's one of my favorite places to fly in and out of when I do a long haul (Great Circle) from the West Coast of the US to Europe.
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

Return to “The Festival”