The Festival | 2018

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

The Festival | 2018

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 am

Let's talk Festival 2018

Hi All,

As the Festival 2017 concluded with its SouthEast Asia and Italy editions, It's time now to talk again about where the event will be hosted next.

I opened this thread in order to gather community suggestions for the possible locations for the Festivals 2018. And any other comment is welcomed.

A few notes

DATES

As now usual, the 2018 Festival will be a 48h weekend event to be held bi-annually, on Spring and Fall.
The Spring Festival occurs in the first weekend of the month of May (May 5th and 6th, 2018), while the Fall Festival occurs in the first weekend of the month of November, exactly 6 months passed (November 3rd and 4th, 2018).
The Fall Festival coincides with FS-Weekend that occurs yearly on Lelystad, NL.

LOCATION SELECTION

To determine the locations where the festivals will take place, we will first take 2 weeks for allowing the community to chime in with suggestions. Tipically, we had used a Forum Poll to determine a location selection, and this poll had been held on Curtis' Flightgear Forum. The main advantages of such poll is that it allowed forum members to vote for a place of their choice anonymously and also change their selection until last minute.

This time, I want to test a new method, that will allow people to voice their opinion in either Curtis' Flightgear as well as TheJabberwocky Free Flight Free Speech Forums. After 2 weeks passed, A new thread for locations selection will be open, and it will not be a poll. Instead, people will inform us in a Forum response what locations they endorse. The difference being, that their choice will not be endorsed anonymously, but also, members are allowed to change their support for a location until the time is over and a choice is called.

The Location selection will occur from Monday December 4th, 2017 @0:00 UTC, until Sunday December 17th, 2017 @23:59 UTC.

LOCATION CANDIDATES

Feel free to use this thread to propose candidates for the selected locations for the Flightgear Festival 2018.

Although the only rule is that Spring Festival will occur anywhere in the planet outside Europe, while the Fall Festival will occur within European geographical limitations.

By popular choice, we may held the Spring Festival within Europe, if the Fall Festival is held consequently anywhere except within European territory.

BRING your ideas forward!

Best,
IH-COL
Free Flight Free Speech Admin.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: The Festival | 2018

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:51 am

I want to present some candidates

Hi All,
I want to present some candidates.

For the Spring Festival, I want to make

1. U.S.A North-East Coast a candidate for the Festival.

2. South American Andes

Either 1 or 2, It would be the first time the Festival to be held in America.

and,
3. India

For the Fall Festival, I suggest all of the following:

1. Greece

2. Scandinavia

3. Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)

4. France

5. Germany

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 am

Now, here I am with all my wisdom ... Israel has all my ideas already in his list.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:39 am

If I'm not mistaken didn't we have a spring Festival in Rio de Janeiro two years ago?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:02 am

Yes. We did Argentina Brasil a few years ago

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 am

The FG Festival Fall 2018 begun

Hi All,
This weekend (Nov3rd-Nov 4th) the FG festival Fall 2018 started. The area of festival is Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Åland Islands)

The FG community is invited to fly into the area, and have fun!

Jabberwocky is the only confirmed ATC this time. IAHM-COL may be able to bring another Tower on Sunday, but currently cannot be confirmed.

Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:38 pm

I am online in Oslo, ENGM, but right now, it feels like the last of the Mohicans. So well, it is the last Festival anyway, as far as I can see. Like everything else, the Festival organization has not survived the era of Discord. So, take this as the last few chords of a swansong.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

123apple

Postby 123apple » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm

OPRF did have an event, although we ran it on our own infrastructure / server as per usual to avoid annoying ATCs.

Well, we do have a few ATCs over at discord. Perhaps next year, it can be arranged a little better, I'm sure very few at discord even knew about the event?
I think it might be just a phase that globally forums are getting less popular, it would seem that social media has in a way begun to replace forums unfortunately.

anyway, next year, let someone know and they'll publicize it on the forums and discord.

I've let people know at discord, so you might get a little more traffic

and if you need any layouts for next years scenery, I can still make them if you like, just give me advance notice...

123apple

Postby 123apple » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm

jwocky, I think you deserve a medal for being there for 2 days. At least you have 2 pilots inbound on mpmap now...

I'd have come if I could, but was unavoidably detained today, and yesterday was with OPRF. Sorry - next time I will try and be there!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 am

The FG festival Fall 2018 is concluded.

I hope some of you get to enjoy it, I was out due to personal reasons.
Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”