May 5th and 6th, 2018
SP-BAN

Re: Flying to Phuket.... It's that time again [SAT APR 29 TH 17UTC]

Postby SP-BAN » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:28 pm

I'II be there B-737-400

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:43 am

I'm very happy to announce that the new, improved MD-10ERX, my VIP variant will be flying in the Festival. The aircraft is available at

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/MD-10.git.

My thanks to It0uchpods (Josh) and J-Maverick16 for helping get it ready. not everything on the list is done, but the plane is nicely flyable with a new steering system personally designed by It0uchpods, and works with joysticks, including the (finicky) Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quadrant!. It has all new custom designed auto pilot, avionics and autoland system, along with new sound and more powerful engines (though these are soon going to be further upgraded).

I recommend that you download the MD-10 on Friday, since we likely will be tweaking a few things here and there up until the last minute.

I was hoping for a new rollout livery, but that fell through at the last minute. If someone would like to quickly work with me to design a rollout livery for the MD-10ERX, I'd be interested, but it needs to be someone with considerable livery design experience. Unfortunately, there is not time for a novice to learn the livery paint kit and produce the design I have in mind. Send me a reply to this email and we can talk!

Skyboat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi

I would definitely wait, I have some great Improvements coming very soon!

Kind Regards,
Josh

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Israel,

An install script for terraGit would be highly appreciated :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 pm

As promised, Josh and I made (well, he did the actual code and script changes) several significant upgrades to the MD-10 (and assuming we got it right, it affects all variants in the package). The balance and ballast issue has been resolved. She goes where you point it taxiing! The landing gear extension and retraction times are now set to spec (it was set wayyyy toooo slow), we discovered that the ERX model didn't have the right thrust setting and increased it (she climbs, she climbs!), and worked on some other things. A couple of things to expect is a switch to set the autobrakes (they are there and they work, but, oops, no way to dial in the setting), and we are still working on the Rembrandt landing lights being operational again. More things are on the list, but probably not in time for the Festival.

The important thing is the MD-10 will show up ready for action!

If you do a test flight, please be sure to post your impressions here so we can make tweaks if necessary before the 29th. We especially would appreciate reports of both takeoffs and landings in crosswind conditions. In particular, crosswind landings using the autoland. We want to know if the aircraft is accurately tracking the ILS VOR, using AP1 and AP1 and AP2 in combination.

And it still will be best to do a new download/pull on Friday afternoon (U.S. timezones) to pick up any other things we might get done.

See you Saturday!

Skyboat
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:44 pm

SkyBoat wrote:If you do a test flight, please be sure to post your impressions here so we can make tweaks if necessary before the 29th.

Maybe it'd be better to use the dedicated thread for that, in order to not spam al lil' too much over here ;) viewtopic.php?f=15&t=688 .
Anyway,

J Maverick 16 confirms his attendance in the recently updated C-32J Mav Force One.

Link: https://www.github.com/JMaverick16/C-32J
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I should be able to do this, I'll be flying my venerable and unfinished Douglas Commercial Nine Dash Twenty freighter

I'll be diverting to Heho and Mandalay.

( Forgot the link..) http://www.mediafire.com/file/5mp5nmx80c5vudb/DC-9-20.zip :D

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:12 pm

tomorrow will be rainy where i live, then i can attend the event, aboard a 777-200 probably :D

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 pm

IH-COL on parking spot :D

Hi All

My A350XWB is now on gate, and waiting for the fun arriving to the festival, in Hong Kong's VHHH, and a freshly compiled FG2017.2 with updated contents.

See you all soon,

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:33 pm

@IH-COL-- Is there a custom scenery package for VTSP? Or the region of the Festival. I didn't see anything the FGMEMBERS-SCENERY on Git.
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

Return to “The Festival”