- Use the AP with heading-lock and pitch-lock (not altitude-lock)
- AP can be reached with F11 or the menue entry
- You can adjust the heading when under AP by moving the mouse over the needle axle of the Magnetic-Compass and turn the mouse-wheel.
- You can adjust the static trim with Numpad-7 and Numpad-1
- Don't use "AK" throttle unless needed, "Voll" throttle is much more ecconomical.
- All these airships can drop bombs. Open/Close bombbays with "b", select a bomb with "j" and drop all selected bombs with "J".
- for SL20 and L30, the "Watch-Officer" view has walk-view, you can walk around in these whole airship.
- Esp. for the Zeppelin-Event: Altitude is your best protection, you should reach Attack-Altitude as soon as possible, at least when reaching Calais.
Maximum static altitude:
- SL-11 4000 m (13300 ft)
- SL-20 5300 m (17200 ft)
- L30 5300 m (17200 ft)
After startup of FG:
- Switch on the Hud. (BTW the readings of that HUD are metric, e.g height is in m)
- Switch AP on and set it to your desired heading and pitch-hold of 0
- Wait till the lift gets stable.
- Do a weight off with Shift W
- Release mooring with Shift Y
- Drop ballast with Shift E and Shift D
- Refill ballast with CTRL W
- Wait until the ship reach an altitude of 100 m or more.
- Start engines and set throttle to "Voll"
- Wait until the speed goes over 40 km/h
- Set pitch-hold to 5
- Keep lift to around 2000 kg until you are 500 m below your desired altitude.
- Set pitch-hold to 0 when lift is around 300 kg.
lighter, so you might vent off some hydrogen from time to time.
And don't worry about the fuel, the default amount of fuel in the tanks is more than enough
for the roundtrip EBKT-EGLC-EBKT. I've done that trip with more than half of the fuel
left when arriving back at EBKT.
Hope these hint will help you.