Testing the waters, London Zeppelin raid.

The Belfort Aerodrome and its WWI events
LesterBoffo

Re: Testing the waters, London Zeppelin raid.

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:56 am

jwocky wrote:Lester, you got my email-addy? Please keep me updated, I hope to bring in some time to exercise with the zeppelin. Of course, I would volunteer then to play the "bad hun" ;-)
Waaaaiiiit ... "bud hun" sounds soooooo wrong in American English lololol

:lol: Just send me some PM's .

I'm not that close to having anything releasable yet. I can send you the relevant .stg files I have so far, so you can check out the area. But I still need to make a .groundnet, which unfortunately is going to be from Wegevelm, the closest FG airfield, some 24 nautical-miles away to the West-SW.

I would like to have someone take over prettying up the rather coarse interior of the Zeppelin's forward control cab, it needs a rudder wheel, elevator wheel, interior details, engine control panel and someone to figure out why it now doesn't want to connect to the mooring vehicle. Typical unfinished, but it is passable in flight, the ballast and gas releases all work, as do the engines and the various mass centers for fuel and cargo. It would be nice to get working bombs and submodels installed.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 am

Pushback ground handling for the L11 Zepp..Image

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:18 am

That looks awesome. :D

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:46 am

It's a bit of a hassle to use, the tow truck works well enough, but you need about 500 pounds of resting weight in the "wheels' of the Zeppelin to make the truck appear and tow it around. if there's a 6 knot wind you're pretty much buggered to move it at all except down wind.

Initialize the Zepp and let off gas in little stages, as it will initially rise to about 200 feet, then slowly settle. The hope for no wind and when the wheels are down, hook up the truck and tow. It's going to be a mess doing it in MP.

Return to “Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers”