[SOLVED] Git hates me!

Everything that has to do with the forum on a technical level. Logins, posts, formatting ...
Octal450

[SOLVED] Git hates me!

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:08 am

So due to a LARGE issue, I need the FGMEMBERS copy of the MD-88 reforked. You may have noticed that it is no longer linked to my copy, and I have NO WAY to access. When I pulled it, it messed up my FINALLY FIXED NAV DISPLAY!!!! and caused problems. I cannot push without pulling. This is due to a mistake I made earlier, and now I can't do shit about it.

Is there anyway to remove that repo and refork it?

IAHM-COL

Re: Git hates me!

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 am

OK
I just fixed this for you.
I sent you a PR for syncing purposes

https://github.com/it0uchpods/MD-88/pull/1
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

WAIT! Ahh made another mistake. The problem here is that the copy in FGMEMBERS has a problem. I need to overwrite the FGMEMBERS copy with my copy. If I merge FGMEMBERS into mine, it causes a problem. Why? Don't know. I made a mistake with GIT, and there are changes that I shouldn't have made, and if I merge them, it breaks the aircraft. That is why i wanted it reforked, as right now I have no way to update it, due to the broken problems that I am now forced to pull.
Last edited by Octal450 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks Israel, as usual you were right, I was wrong. Git is now working great for me again!

Thanks!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:28 pm

don't worry. Its just a matter of practice.
When in doubt, dont attempt what you tried doing there.
(as in regenerating a repository from scratch)
That causes tons of trouble to collaborators, and has additional issues with your git history.

Good thing is that everyone that cloned or forked is a backup, but you were doing things that may complicate your life.

The easy way to go is: When in doubt; stop first, ask here second. We'll figure out your way out of the issue.

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Re: [SOLVED] Git hates me!

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:11 am

Alright will do!

Cheers!

ATC411

Return to “Technical Questions”