Every vote counts

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
bomber

Re: Every vote counts

Postby bomber » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:19 pm

It would have been nice to have had a subject to vote on when it came to Brexit... what we had a was a scare campaign.

One side saying 'come on, we're adults surely we're capable of governing ourselves fairly'.... and the other side saying 'If we leave the EU we'll plunge the world into another recession, we'll remove all workers rights and we'll have no one to trade with'

Frankly I'd rather have the corrupt politicians in Westminster than the corrupt politicians in Brussels.

Fix that inherent problem in capitalism and we might start to see more responsible voting.

If I was a Yank it seems the choice is between a politically incorrect individual who makes mistakes under questioning or the cold hearted figurehead of a political machine...

I'd vote the human being every time, mistakes I can put up with, callousness I can't...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:21 pm

KL-666 wrote:@Lydiot
It was not my idea to redo all arguments on the eve of the elections. This last day is a time for reflection and for everyone to think hard for themselves: Which president do i really want?

Kind regards, Vincent

Fair enough.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:03 pm

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:26 pm

@D-Echo: Thank you for making my point about smear tactics from the left by posting another hate article about Trump which includes actually not one of the issues, America is facing right now.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I have a question for Americans who must know their voting system. There is this thing of registering to vote. Do you also commit yourself to voting for a certain party with the registration? Or are you free to choose in the ballot box?

Kind regards, Vincent

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 pm

It depends on the state, some require you to register as an independent to vote on other party's candidates, but I've voted off party before.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:54 pm

jwocky wrote:@D-Echo: Thank you for making my point about smear tactics from the left by posting another hate article about Trump which includes actually not one of the issues, America is facing right now.

Except if America is in lack of good leadership, which is what some people think is the case. So if the leadership of the US is currently an issue, then the future leadership is an issue again, in which point the character of the candidate is an issue. From that standpoint it's highly relevant.

But perhaps you don't think the US has or risks having (Hillary) poor leadership?

Donald Trump is a person who doesn't care about the truth, so you have simply no way of knowing if any of his policies will be enacted if he's elected. No idea. He'll say anything to anybody at any time if he thinks it's furthering his agenda. The truth doesn't matter to him.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Ok Lester, so in some states you only get ballot papers with the candidates of your registration, unless you have registered independent. And in other states you get ballot papers for both candidates?

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 am

Y>ou register yourself as Democrat or Republican, but what you actually vote for is your thing in the booth.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 am

Well, Hilary Clinton is connected to more than fifty murders, she has taken bribes from everyone beginning with Putin down to Chiense arms smugglers, she has enabled Russias re-armament as nuclear power by selling them American uranium for a cheap price (and a good kick back into the Clinton Foundation), her closest advisor and as some assume, her lover, is the sister of a Taliban leader, she lied about the emails and the email server, she leis about her health, she lies about the financing of the Clinton Foundation, she lied abpoit her Mena connection, she lied about her involvemnet in real estate scams, she lies basically when she opens the mouth, texts or twitters ... so, hearing a lefty talking about the honesty of their wonderful candidate ... this is cringeworthy.

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”