Wristwatches.

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
IAHM-COL

Re: Wristwatches.

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 pm

KL-666 wrote:
Yes, and Google or Apple would love to track you too

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Most people may not realize it, but it works two sides. My health insurance will say: Sorry sir Vincent, but we could not purchase any information on you from neither Google nor Apple, so we will have to double your premium.

And what do you think of FacisBook? I am a minority in the western world refusing to use that data stealing club. But to intelligence agencies that makes me a suspect. What does he have to hide, that he does not reveal himself on FacisBook? they ask themselves.

So realize that while not caring about your own privacy, you are also creating a Brave New World for people who want to stay out of it.

Kind regards, Vincent

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:06 am

KL-666 wrote:
HJ1an wrote:This is why they are making smartwatches, which I am thinking of getting one, for excercise tracking purposes.

Yes, and Google or Apple would love to track you too, so they can sell the information to your health insurance. Next years health insurance prolongation talk will be: Sorry sir HJ1an, you do not exercise enough, we need to double your premium.

Kind regards, Vincent

Well, they can track me when i'm swimming or jogging.. but the rest of the time I won't be wearing it because of the battery problem (besides personal info). A bit of info e.g. how many miles I've run or laps I'm swimming just to get some statistics.

It's not like that I'm not being tracked and spammed already. There are CCTVs everywhere, all cellphones have GPS signals, and even the old fashioned ways still never die: My car gets plastered with advertisement everyday back from work, and my house gets many pieces of paper enough to make paper aeroplanes for my son until he's 18 years old. My bank keeps asking me to take out loans (and in reply I kept asking them to increase that loan to a billion dollars so I could escape the country go for a holiday) and my insurance company keeps asking me to insure things I don't want to be insured .

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:11 am

KL-666 wrote:And what do you think of FacisBook? I am a minority in the western world refusing to use that data stealing club. But to intelligence agencies that makes me a suspect. What does he have to hide, that he does not reveal himself on FacisBook? they ask themselves.

So realize that while not caring about your own privacy, you are also creating a Brave New World for people who want to stay out of it.

I have an account and a very small circle of friends and family from overseas and that's about it. And I installed a Facebook adblocker :)

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:12 am

do you live in America? Or is life on Asia same stuff?

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 am

oscar6662 wrote:I have the classic CASIO black plastic hahaha

Is it the "Osama Bin Laden"?

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:16 am

IAHM-COL wrote:do you live in America? Or is life on Asia same stuff?

I live in South East Asia. For Facebook? I assume it's the same.. the ads may be entirely different. Which I have blocked :mrgreen:

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:37 am

IAHM-COL wrote:Its somewhere in a drawer around here. Stopped off course, cause I had not made it work for years. I wonder how hard would be to reignite it.

Possibly from years of sitting, the oils within had congealed or dried up. So you might need to have it serviced. Best case scenario, it'd just work as if nothing happened. In my experience, it's usually the latter.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:44 am

well... for counter-insurgence
I once had one looking exactly as 007-Bond's shown here

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:53 am

HJ1an wrote:I have an account and a very small circle of friends and family from overseas and that's about it.

Well, intelligence agencies will be happy to know you are a good citizen. But about me they know nothing. That makes them quite nervous about me. why are they so nervous about me? Because decent people would reveal themselves on FacisBook.

And btw, having an adblocker has nothing to do with intelligence agencies nervousness about other people than yourself.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”