Will it end badly?

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
KL-666

Re: Will it end badly?

Postby KL-666 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Narcissism disorder comes in many strengths, shapes and forms. Some boast or demean others in a loud and angry fashion. Others are subtle and cunning. The latter type may be found "functioning" in teams. They do not boast about their achievements (which are often real). But they are constantly alert on threats that may, in their perception, lessen the worth of their achievements. One of those threats are alternative proposals. They will immediately argue that alternative ideas are inferior to their own ideas. Trying to have them dismissed in an early stage.

If the arguing does not have enough effect, they resort to other means, like subtly provoking their perceived opponent. Now they can lean back in innocence and have others dismiss the opponent as being only interested in arguing and attacking.

The worst that can happen to someone who feels he has to hold up a facade, is someone else really making an effort to expose the situation. Then he will go to great length to prove he is right, including distortion of facts and using personality attacks, trying to prove that the other has always been untrustworthy.

The people who believe him do not know that the narcissist has no respect for them as well as for his perceived opponents. All people are a tool extension to him (lack of empathy). He is capable of rewriting history and having his "friends" truly believe that it happened that way, exploiting a "deficiency" in how humans only remember fragments for later reconstruction of a memory. Explained here:

http://winning-teams.com/teamwork_narcissism.html

His "friends" believing his deluded version of history will defend him to the death.

The other pages on that site are interesting too, for understanding the effects of a narcissist in a team. The narcissist at first looks like a positive asset, working hard and really achieving things. In the long term though, his poisonous self-centeredness destroys trust and cooperation within the team worse, than that there is befit from his work.

Narcissism disorder is virtually not treatable in adults. Which leaves very little options for a team. Either remove him, or go discussing content somewhere else yourself. Anything else is a waste of time.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Thorsten's henchman wrote:Hi all,

I've removed some posts, starting with Bomber's attack on Thorsten and the subsequent degeneration.

Please try to stay on topic and report posts that are obviously flamebait rather than responding.

Bomber has received a 48 hour ban.

-Stuart
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:03 pm

cricky is there anything left of that topic...

and it degenerated ?.... which says something about my attack doesn't it.

BTW was the degeneration juicy ? I didn't get to read it, sorry to those that spent time degenerating the topic and kinda like missing the target.....me.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:43 pm

That's just amazing.
Thorsten asked for your "math background", and you provide plenty of evidence that you have the CV to back up your statements and more. And was that any inappropriate? I don't think so. Certainly, the only "WTF dude!!" statement till there was Thorsten comment"

<<What is your math background?>>

Then since you gave him the CV, Thorsten claimed innocence and said that you made a thread only "personal", as in if asking for your "background" to discredit you was not personal enuf, already.

Others stopped Thorsten in his bullying cut-and-dry, and it was clear by then that Thorsten was behaving like an arrogant prick.

And the consequence of that is that Bomber gets a 48h ban?
(why not Thorsten after being the only agressor? What did Simon said that Stuart (with a moderator hat on) calls it a baiting statement?)

The Curtis' Forum is quite an illogical place.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:06 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:why not Thorsten after being the only agressor?

After some years observing and participating in that forum, it has become clear that the team has a severe case of narcissism disorder at hand. So severe that they believe the distorted reality of the narcissist in the classical way. How this can happen, i described above.

In a sense that organization has fallen victim to the trickery of the narcissist. On the other hand one might expect some people to be sane and strong enough to withstand the distorted reality, and look for the facts themselves. Unfortunately that is not easy and they will not get far, because the wrath of the narcissist will be severe and he will convince believers that the one looking for the real facts is a liar and should be expelled. I do not know many people strong enough to feel comfortable at being puked out by a community.

Only after a long time, when a critical body of people has enough of it, they may dare to challenge the narcissist. Until then they all individually live in fear. Head on exposure now makes no dent in his harness.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Narcissism disorder for sure, but the urge to pathological lying seems also to point out in the direction of an at least low level psychpathic personality disorder (a subform of anti-social personality disorders), which is actually quite common in combination with narcissistic personality disorder. Alas, the DSM V has been less specific for reasons of the impact of such definitions and to prevent opening doors for more insanity defences in serial homicide cases, but if you look at the symptom catalog for both in DSM IV ... well, it looks very familiar. It would be interesting to see "FG arse's" Hare score.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Thorsten kept his arrogant mouth shut after seeing bomber's high quality CV.
and went on to attack swamp when he asked Thorsten to do something productive than arguing. Swamp is a nice person who is really interested in learning about the FG development and he is asked to look at his posts.
And Thorsten said in one of the post whereby he said he had called his henchmen and its all gone. To the passerby bomber has become the bully. Hopeless how rotten that forum is! :|
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:55 pm

I was enjoying the topic, I was quite excited with the sudden (to me) revelation that there was a different aproach being taken to combat damage than bombable.... which when I and others (long gone now) looked at it was considered unwieldy and somewhat of a dead end development wise as the author of bombable was in comunicado, both on the forum and via pm's.

Mavericks view with regards using multiple instances and machines within a multi-player combat theatre struck a note with my thoughts on having a 'server General/s' dictating the strategy allowing the players to concentrate on tactical manourvours... Another thought I have is that all loged on members to the combat arena server add to the AI pool by providing CPU processing power..... JSBsim itself uses so little, flightsims being graphic card intensive.

Anyway I got a little anoyed with Thorsten's attempt at shooting down the direction the conversation was going in when he pulled out the "I've writen posts on this that and the other well before you even got here, so what do you know."

I'm not invinsible over there, I'll get shot down one day... and when I do hopefully someone else will step up.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:56 pm

KL-666 wrote:Only after a long time, when a critical body of people has enough of it, they may dare to challenge the narcissist. Until then they all individually live in fear.

That was actually what happened to me, I had enough of him talking about things like their nothing compared to his work or similar stuff. So I tried to shut his mouth up but didn't worked a lot (you basically can't deal with people who believe to be always in the truth). But, I don't live with fear since I don't really care about what he thinks of me or whatever.

bomber wrote:Mavericks view with regards using multiple instances and machines within a multi-player combat theatre struck a note with my thoughts on having a 'server General/s' dictating the strategy allowing the players to concentrate on tactical manourvours... Another thought I have is that all loged on members to the combat arena server add to the AI pool by providing CPU processing power..... JSBsim itself uses so little, flightsims being graphic card intensive.

Actually it wasn't mine, but Pinto's, I've just tried to defend it from Mr T's know-it-all point of view.

BTW, since I knew those posts weren't ever-lasting I've screenshotted mine before they got removed. ;)
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Mr. T.?

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”