Lukla, just an idea ... (VNLK)

Airports with problems of all kinds
jwocky
Site Admin

Lukla, just an idea ... (VNLK)

Postby jwocky » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:50 pm

There is a video on Youtube about the FSX C-5 taking off from there. So of course, I had to do it. And Falcon and SkyBoat were there with me, so we got also C-2A take offs and MD-10s. I admit, I work still on landing a C-5 there, but then, there is a reason no FSX video shows that either :twisted:

Now, here is my evil master plan:
If we can get up a scenery there, at least as good as the FSX one and if IAHM-COL and Cain help me with the cockpit shell problems and instruments, we could surely make a cool movie for us. Provided, someone how to make videos. Well, that's two ifs and a provided, so it's probably a bad idea or isn't it?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Re: Lukls, just an idea ...

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:28 am

Lukla?
Cool.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Omega

Postby Omega » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:40 am

There is a topic on the other forum from 2011 about Lukla scenery. However the mediafire links are now dead.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:24 am

a C-5 in Lukla?! Is my mind just blown away?!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:45 am

I have squirreled away a homemade Lukla .ac terrain overlay and some extra buildings I made about a year or so back, plus all the other previous contributions that were made for Lukla, on my fractured HDD.

I might be able to retrieve these from the old drive if they didn't get placed on a bad sector. Some images of my terrain overlay..

Approach view..Image

upper terminal and tower views..Image

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:15 am

Sweet! Just sweet!
With all those extra sceneries, we need next time some place to get them organized and installed all in a bunch.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 am

VERY cool.
Can't wait to try it out.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Here's the Lukla scenery patch. It's a file little heavy with buildings and textures, some of the ones I made were already done in the earlier FG scenery.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ex28k2mb9wn9fq/VNLK.zip

There's no mention in the scenery files if they are GPL, I don't know who the previous scenery artist(s) are/were, but I'm going to say with this scenery it's OK for my files to be included as GPL if the old ones still are.

No README yet, but the usual caveats about object and model folder placement apply, there's a groundnet and new tower view for the Airport folders.
I also included a Open Street Map screen shot of Luckla, and a YT vid screen shot for reference for those wanting to refine the terrain and building placement.

Note!: When you initially spawn on either the runway, or any of the parking spots you will be below the new .ac file terrain. You have to 'reset' to get placed topside of the terrain shell I made. Also notice this is also a fact with the Courceval and Hue d' Alpes altiports in FG in France. So if you don't initially see the new terrain when you first appear, it's because you're below it.

And.. I have no idea how to fix this.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Good :)
Will have to try...
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Nice, thanks a lot. I will test tomorrow (at the moment I am dug in till over the elbows programming a monkey climbing through property trees searching for bananas, and no I am not kidding)

Return to “Airports”