"Please do not quote the entire previous post"

aka

"QUOTING PEOPLE IS NOT ALLOWED FOR SOME REASON."

daweed

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Postby daweed » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:17 am

no need of popcorn ...

Repo have been deleted

As i said previously, U can keep what u actually have ... no problem ... i can't do anything for that u are right, i forgot to update package licence 6 or 7 month ago, that my mistake

i ll now provide 2 scenes

1 for TS which will be no packaged with SD definition due to size & weight on TS , each building with his texture will be uploaded as unique GPL piece
1 packaged with enhance texture & building , and as it will be different , i am able to licence that and it will

the new repo will be check & under surveillance

GoodBye

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:01 am

daweed wrote:and this only point can allow me to put u to court ... i just ask my lawyer an our ago,

daweed wrote:U can keep what u actually have ... no problem ... i can't do anything for that u are right,

Better hire a better lawyer if you want us in prison.
LOL :lol:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:32 pm

I am always amused about little tantrums like this. I developed a lot of planes over time, all of my work is GPL. Mena,s everybody can fly them, copy them, send them to friends, modify them, whatever he wants. I can't do a license like "everyone but Daweed" ... or complain, that he flies a plane I made. That wouldn't be GPL. End of the story. And don't try that lawyer thing ever again ... wordings like acting like a thief are slander, and that is a thing that would go through in court, opposite to your "GPL as it fits your ideas of ownership". Just food for thought!

j.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

daweed

Postby daweed » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 am

Ok, that makes you laugh, me it makes me sad to see that people like you can in the most total disrespect take the work of others.

all what I wanted Was this to be warned before the fork and you were expecting at least my answer.

But it is so much easier to go, in my mind, steal my job just because I forgot to amend the license of the package 6 to 7 months earlier.

I took pleasure in the scene develop St Ex, I think I'll stop the m in my contribution FG as it will be possible for people like you to take the work of people without consequence.

After reading of the GPL in question, being the Author score and the creator of all the elements I have the right to revoke the GPL when I want and how I want, and even in the GPL leaving, I can pay download

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.htm ... ownloadFee

The GPL allow me to claim a fee for downloading a program on my distribution site?
Yes. You can claim the amount you want to distribute a copy of the program. If you distribute binaries by download, you must provide "equivalent access" to download sources - however, you can not ask for a larger sum to download the sources for downloading executables.

This is an excerpt of the FAQ, but I imagine must account your attitude that even this anyway you do not respect.

I'll give up my work on the subject, and share my work with people who have at least the merit to recognize me as the legal owner of all this

cordially

daweed

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:35 am

daweed wrote:Ok, that makes you laugh, me it makes me sad to see that people like you can in the most total disrespect take the work of others

GPL isn't for you sorry.

daweed wrote:But it is so much easier to go, in my mind, steal my job just because I forgot to amend the license of the package 6 to 7 months earlier.

Your initial commit which has the .btg has the GPL license so its not because you forgot but rather you didn't like GPL when you understood that it could be forked.

daweed wrote:I'll give up my work on the subject, and share my work with people who have at least the merit to recognize me as the legal owner of all this

Now go here https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LF ... tomScenery and read what it says :

Code: Select all

##################################################
# Lyon Saint Exupery FlightGear Scenery
#
# 2015 (c) FarmerSoft By Daweed
#

As Israel said let it die dude. You're just insulting yourself.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

daweed

Postby daweed » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:00 pm

SHM wrote:
daweed wrote:Ok, that makes you laugh, me it makes me sad to see that people like you can in the most total disrespect take the work of others

GPL isn't for you sorry.

Yes clearly you are right, i didn't saw that some guys could take work without a minimun of respect
In that way, GPL is not for me

"You're just insulting yourself."
hum ... no, i just want to keep my work safe .. in one repo , but it's seems to a too hight request to understand here
I didn't have any commit right in this repo (i mean yours, the FGMember one), can't make my own update on my work ... and pretty sure, that i can't be sure that anyone will come to break my work ... and you find it's "i am insulting myself."

Sorry, i spend hours on this, i thing it's reasonable to retain power over what I create, it's reasonable to decide with who i want to share it.

What u are doing here is in fact forcing me to leave my own repo to be concentrate with all the scenery u had forked, / create

But i am not a member of this community, and u should respect that, respect that i want to share MY work in the way i decide

What will be the next step ... finally , when here will u claim that this community made the scene

No that not insulting mysefl to claiming that these are my creations

SHM, yes, view from Github, first commit include the BGT, fact is i broke my repo earlier of including this file this BTG file have been made by a French Forum User (i didnt generate , i can't , dont know how to generate this file with terragear)

http://fr.flightgear.org/forums/viewtop ... 993#p33993

So the actual first commit is not the real one, but i have no way proove that as the first repo have been delete (mistake by myself)

(edit to post link to the user who create the file)

daweed

Postby daweed » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:17 pm

SHM wrote:
daweed wrote:I'll give up my work on the subject, and share my work with people who have at least the merit to recognize me as the legal owner of all this

Now go here https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LF ... tomScenery and read what it says :

Code: Select all

##################################################
# Lyon Saint Exupery FlightGear Scenery
#
# 2015 (c) FarmerSoft By Daweed
#

As Israel said let it die dude. You're just insulting yourself.

SHM

As none of you accept my request, how can i trust you that this file head will not be modified ... you know that does not mean nothing, so please don't argu like that

As i said, u (this team) does not have any respect for my wish, why should i trust that my work will not be taken , or modify without my validation or consent ?

This is probalement sectarian in your perspective, but I started this work and I wanted to go all the way without having 20 peoples that will come adding elements that i will never be informed.

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 pm

my work will not be taken , or modify without my validation or consent ?

On the contrary it will indeed be taken or modified without validation or consent.

If we want we could reuse the tex you uploaded to terrasuck without your consent since its GPL then what is the problem here.

no, i just want to keep my work safe .. in one repo , but it's seems to a too hight request to understand here
I didn't have any commit right in this repo (i mean yours, the FGMember one), can't make my own update on my work ... and pretty sure, that i can't be sure that anyone will come to break my work ... and you find it's "i am insulting myself."

Sorry, i spend hours on this, i thing it's reasonable to retain power over what I create, it's reasonable to decide with who i want to share it.

What u are doing here is in fact forcing me to leave my own repo to be concentrate with all the scenery u had forked, / create

Please dont make any of your work GPL again, its just causing nuisance to others :cry:
Clearly you dont how Git and FGmembers work. I work on my private repo and from time to time I merge it on FGmembers. You'll surely be given push access to your repo on fgmembers so that you can merge changes and even otherwise its simple just send a pull request.
And I think that having scenery at one place rather than all over the place. Once TerraGit comes to full glory all that will be solved.

I dont want to lose a scenery developer in FG so I leave the conversation here by saying again Chose the license appropriately

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

daweed

Postby daweed » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:45 pm

SHM wrote:
my work will not be taken , or modify without my validation or consent ?

I dont want to lose a scenery developer in FG so I leave the conversation here by saying again Chose the license appropriately

SHM

Easy to say that now it's too late.

I use Git since years ... so i think i know how it work .. ,

FGMember, clearly i don't know, and few words here show me and let me think that u (the team here) will not shrink from nothing to take the work of others

AS i said, next step will when this community will claim the paternity of this development
I have no view on what happen here, and as the creator why should i let my work going away after all the job i made ?

What i feel, is to have loosing my time to the benefit of a group who plan to ditribute my work.
And Sorry, i don't have money to spend to pay myself a private repo, i have other stuff to buy with two children to think before invest in that type of repo

The repos was made in only one aim ... having a backup online in case of crash at home. After month of work, i found that someone fork it to get flower ... normal personnal will not accept that

I really have the feeling of having been dispossessed of my creations, can u understand that ?.

Regarding TerraGit ... don't know what it is , and why should this solved my problem ?

(Sry for the lot's of edit, my english is bad)

Return to “Airports”