LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Airports with problems of all kinds
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:21 am

Well, there has to be a way. I never thought too much about it so that hits me a bit unprepared, but aside of all the rules of the GPL, some recognition should be possible somehow. You did sceneries, Israel, I didn't. Any ideas how to make that happen?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

daweed

Postby daweed » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:52 am

Hello Guys,

Well, i need some help (i know this is abusing from me ... :) )

i am currently working on this :

It's the TGV station at LFLL.

I didn't know anything on how to ... humm .. "dig" the ground.

I need to dig some part on LFLL as like :

I saw that lot's of layout have been update from here , so maybe someone have the answer .

And there is some bridge crossing the all station (car / bus usage).

How should "bridges" be implemented ? (with the layout, or as 3D object ?)

Regards
Daweed

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:14 am

Welcome to the community buddy.

To dig some ground you'll probably have to edit the elevation files before they're generated by Terragear.

As far as the bridge is considered there should be an object definitely. You should take a look at EDDF from 25R runway there is a bridge.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

daweed

Postby daweed » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 am

I am not really aware on how the world is generated with TerraGear

"elevation files" where should i find this , is there some documentation somewhere to understand theese files and how modify them ?

Fact is i only add element on the existing layout, the btg file include in the repo, as i said was not made by me.
TerraGear ... brrrr ... scary word :)

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Martin Spott wrote:HGT is just a raster image format. If I were to edit these files, I'd convert them into GeoTIFF using GDAL and load this into my favourite GIS. Afterwards use TerraGear's 'srtmchop' instead of 'hgtchop'.
Be warned that TerraGear limits the number of triangle vertices in a tile, thus dropping some of the detail you might add by editing the elevation raster. If you'd like to add _really_ detailed elevation like at a tunnel entrance, you'll have to find someone to modify TerraGear accordingly. The _plan_ is to let TerraGear read elevation contour lines at selected places, but implementation of such feature has not yet happened.

Cheers, Martin.

Terragear is a simple thing once you get it running :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Terrageat Is scary.... Skip the bridge issue for now. The problem with the elevation dig is also the resolution of terrain. As the SRTM.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi All. Scrap that short message I wrote above trying to use aweful phone keyboards.

Lets see.

Daweed wrote:i am currently working on this :

It's the TGV station at LFLL.

I didn't know anything on how to ... humm .. "dig" the ground.

OMG! this is beautiful!! D:
Digging the ground, as SHM says needs to be preprocessed in the terrain, and rebuilt with terragear.

How should "bridges" be implemented ? (with the layout, or as 3D object ?)

Totally 3D. As SHM says, look for EDDP (Leipzig -- great bridge) and EDDF (Frankfort? - dont recall seeing it?).

Terragear. well yes, it scary. But the point I need to raise is, we need to build a community of terragearers that can help with rebuilding the world in terraGIT. We can do it tile by tile. I hope D-ECHO and Wlbragg join the effort. Not only because of their experience on that field, but also because they 'meddled' with landclasess making a much more beautiful world. Parenthesis apart, we need to hop off the fear to terragear. It is a must to unflood places (KHAF, St Martin), and lift the ground off others (SGAS, or Dubai), and to really do something to improve our world.

Now to the issue pertinent here, bear with me Daweed, the problem is, as I say, the resolution. The scenery was build with either SRTM-1 (USA) or SRTM-3 everywhere-else. This causes that digs that are less than 3-arcsecond can't exist on the elevation data - or won't be interpreted or so (I fear). And I far your hole in the ground is not massive as that resolution. Even If I am wrong on this one, then exist the problem of manually editing HTG files, and the problem that such mod wont go upstream (to panoramio) so it will be lost on a succesive world built (I am sorry for sounding Thorstenian on this one).

In any case, this is my take-home message. Simulator players rarely never will go to underground facilities in our scenery :D This means, the task is building the most realistic above the ground features, and maybe whit the look of the aboveground features hint to the fact that Orpheos and the Underworld does exist! :D

(I love real keyboards)

Let me know if now I am clear.

Best
IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:16 pm

daweed wrote:"elevation files" where should i find this , is there some documentation somewhere to understand theese files and how modify them ?

This is the info of the elevation data we use
http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem3.html

Most information about the format reads here (its just way to technical for me knowing what are they talking about, except to understand the files encode raster image information of height per location in xy) some sort of a height-map sounds like. For all the world :D and the data was satellite acquired. It exist globally at 1arcsecond degree but it is not public except the USA and other few places. It is public worldwide on a 3 arcsecond resolution. Terragear can build from either of these resolutions our elevation profiles.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SRTM

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:10 pm

I really need to get a linux virual machine or something. TerraGear hates my machine.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:44 pm

Linux virtual machine ... great idea. That is a way to make of your toy a real computer

R.M.S.

Return to “Airports”