LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Airports with problems of all kinds
daweed

LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:33 am

Hello Guys,

Well i am a bit disappointed.

I received an invitation to add my own scenery to LFLL. I didn't reply because i don't want to be included in the FGMember scenery repo. As i said to Legovdlp, i only want 2 ways for this scenery :

- My own repo (direct link , not from an another repo)
- TerraSync.

I just discover that even without replying to the invitation, my repo have been added to the FGMember Scenery.

So i find it's very nice and honest to ASK before include .... but as i see u didn't wait for reply.

So please , as i said to Legovdlp, i d like that link to my repo to be remove from your Own.

That's not war, or angry about each of you, but as you did without my consent, i ask u guys to remove me from your repo.

Best regards.

Daweed, LFLL Scenery Creator.
Last edited by daweed on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHM

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery= Scenery

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Its GPL. :lol:

Don't worry it will be removed if you don't like it.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

daweed

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery= Scenery

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello SHM, GPL for me is not the problem and fact is more sources are avail, more it's distributed, but i was hopping that u (the team) just have wait my answer even if sources are free and avail...and fact is that nobody wait ...

SHM

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Well I'm not the one who forked it but it will be removed.
I understand you're sad because it was forked without your consent.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:34 pm

No. Its GPL
It will NOT be removed.

Daweed does not understand that agreeing to license GPL means he already consent to forking. I dont need to reask any permission he already gave me
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

daweed

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:03 pm

i didnt gave any permission ... & fact is to be honest that i would have accept that is u just ask before doing ... i see u didn't lean anything from your story on The FG Forum ... that bad as i think setting all ressouces in common is great thing, but that should not engage to not be polite and ask to fork .. that what i am not agree with you. Yeah u are right that in legal term u can fork , but in a human sens, and as FGMember invite me to share my work, the all thing would have to ASK ....

U won this battle ... no problem, my git will be no more up2date ... i will find an another way to maintain my scenery, if u can't understand that before taking jobs from other without asking and hiding yourself behind right law agreement ... feel free to do

I always take your court about what happen , but as i see, finaly, they probably made the right choice ...

Even if the law give you some right, it's not a reason to no ask the author ... even if it's just for advise ... as we are not machine, but human, and again even with the law with you , u should take in consideration that there is human behind the work ...

The other thing is that i am the creator of the scenery and I DONT want anyone update it throught you repo ... i own that & wanted to be the only one who can update my repo , with this now evryone can update it as there is no control on your top level repo ..

Too bad to have this way ...

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:29 pm

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LF ... er/LICENSE

There you are:
your commit here gave me permission

Line 134
3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,
under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

i own that & wanted to be the only one who can update my repo , with this now evryone can update it as there is no control on your top level repo ..

You already granted the right to modify and publish changes to LFLL by making it GPL.
That's just life fact.

Understand a license before applying it. GPL may not be right for you, and then you could not add it to Terrasync either.

Just an advise.

Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Before you assign a liscense to your work read the damn terms and conditions.
If you didnt like it, you shouldnt have chosen it.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

daweed

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Sorry guys

u are wrong both ..

Building are GPL to be uploaded on TS

Scenery is not ... as packaged stuff that are not GPL but i am sure that u don't mind about that ... that why the all scenery is not avail on TS ... so u forked a work witch is not GPL ...

Something can be packed with GPL stuff , but that doesn't mean the package is GPL and it's the actually the case
parking in the Groundnet file for example are not GPL , made by my own and can't be upload to scenery website, so not avail on TS , but i am pretty sure that u don't mind about that

So please don't come to me with the liscence stuff ...

Actuallay , there is no licencing on the Scenery ...

Building will stay on GPL to continue uploading them as piece on TS ... but the sceney will become licenced .. and none of the FG rule will prevent that
SHM u should read ... as i said, having a stuff with some GPL material doesn't mean the all stuff is GPL ....

and this only point can allow me to put u to court ... i just ask my lawyer an our ago,

And for example : RedHat Linux Distribution

Sources are Free, open sources and GPL, u can take them, compile them, use them, modify them as some did in CentOS...but u can't use the RedHat distrib without a licence ... but dammed as u said, the RedHad distrib is not (i am working on an IT departement and so knowing this kind of stuff)

Best regards

Return to “Airports”