Jose Maria Cordoba Intl. Airport (SKRG)

Airports with problems of all kinds
IAHM-COL

Jose Maria Cordoba Intl. Airport (SKRG)

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

My first FG Scenery creation adventure

Hi ALL

My first FG scenery creation adventure was my home-town International Airport: Jose Maria Cordoba (SKRG).

Git Repository

When I began exploring the idea of improving the scenery for Jose Maria Cordoba Intl. Airport, the development available was the typical default layout you've seen in many undeveloped places in FG.

Although, I had no experience in modelling, I decided that I could learn my ways to make my home town a better representation for FG enthusiasts. Intriguingly, as I had always been, I was also interested to create a 24h operable airport, where night taxiing could be completed seamlessly. I began creating an Airport 850 layout, and then adding every single building existing in the tarmacs.

These tarmacs include the FAC CACOM5 (Fuerza Aerea Colombiana Comando Aereo de Combate 5; Tranlating as Colombian Airforce Air combat Command 5) to the east, the Cargo Apron to the South, and The main terminal area to the west. The Rwy is set North-South. Additional shared models were used to create a more involved experience as well. Finally, several art- is located in the airport premises which includes the "kites", and the "sun".

The airport was fully equipped with Animated Jetways as well.

General view

CACOM5

Cargo Apron

Terminal Area

The Sun

The Kites

The Doors

Animated Jetways activated

Not available in terrasync

When I finally announced this scenery publicly, after almost 4 months of learning the little details of scenery creation, I was made aware that Ludomo (Juan Viera) had done exactly the same airport in much shorter time (thanks to his greater expertise) and he had already pushed all his version (which include another custom terminal, a custom firemen bldg, and lots of shared objects) to terrasync.

I never found myself to be in the position of finding morally right to remove his version from terrasync to upload mine, so I had declined and allowed his version to be the one distributed in terrasync.

For this reason, and the unfortunate duplication of efforts, the Jose Maria Cordoba, by IAHM-COL is only available via the git repository listed at the first page of this post, above.

In any case, if you want a fresh and new experience of SKRG, feel free to download and enjoy! :D
It is a full scenery pack, not a patch, so you can just redirect fg to use it, and it should work out of the box.

Performance

As with Geneve Intl (LSGG), every caution has been made, as possible, to guarantee a good performance and a minimal frame rate hit in most FG capable computers.

Best, to all

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Re: Jose Maria Cordoba Intl. Airport (SKRG)

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:54 am

Yay, nice!
Beautiful work.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Jose Maria Cordoba Intl. Airport (SKRG)

Postby jwocky » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 pm

I admit, I prefer always IAHM-COL's airports, because if I come in at night, he has the better light for a blind mole like me and at day, the odels appear on my screen somewhat crisper which includes especially the runway thresholds. I don't know why or how, but it makes it for me, the master of blind flights, easier to see them and thus makes me less prone to land on taxiways.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Airports”