Geneve International Airport - Cointrin (LSGG)

Airports with problems of all kinds
IAHM-COL

Re: Geneve International Airport (Cointrin) development

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:10 pm

yes. you can :P
The repository hosting the whole package, including OSM2City exist publicly hosted now on FGMEMBERS-SCENERY
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LSGG-fg-CustomScenery

And you can git pull from it to get it with OSM. As well as being possible to get it all (except the city) via terrasync.

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

So, excuse my stupid question, I operate on a low coffee level yet, a new clone than to get on the changed repository?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Not stupid question

But it is done like this instead

Code: Select all

git remote remove origin
git remote add origin git@github.com:FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LSGG-fg-CustomScenery.git
git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/master master
git pull

That should redirect you

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Here's a short, stupid video of the new scenery at Geneva.

Yeah it's all green. WWI material patch was given too much area..

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:46 am

cool vid les
Well the apron is certainly not that green withouth your WWI textures :D
The billiard pool apron?

IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:32 am

R.M.S.

vector

Postby vector » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 am

Using the terrasynced terrain+object the framerate impact = 0, excellent work, thank you!

laserman

Postby laserman » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:45 pm

how did you optimize OSM buildings ?

I fixed the elevation offset for LSGG_Palexpo_Automobile.ac.
the same should be done for Grand Hangar IMHO.

what is a "solar hangar" ??

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:33 pm

@D-laser

2. Thanks for figuring out the Palexpo Offset. I emailed Firefly telling him that we needed to determine how much in meters we wanted to sync Palexpo. So far he had no replied. And I was unsure, so I was on the waiting. In the Repository scenery the building is somewhat sync. but your decision of making it as high as JAFVA hangar is a good compromise. We'll see if firefly calculates exact Offset, we may readjust, or you be spot on....

3. Solar hangar
Read:
http://www.gizmag.com/solar-impulse-inf ... gar/27796/

Looking at these satt views of Geneve Aeroporto: Satt1, Satt2
I saw those structure I could nt explain myself, but looked like solar Hangar, so I make what's maybe a leap ?!

1. Terrasync does not accept OSM objects. I think that is an advantage. Because OSM2City objects, as their raw output cost lots of frames per seconds. A good machine goes from 50 fps to 20fps. My old machine renders useless 1 fps with extremely elevated refresh ms -- and thus terrasync distributing something like this would imply make more 'Parises' in FG world -- cute places than most can't even approach

I wanted to have the OSM2city optimized. Here meaning in the sense that the objects remained, the feeling were about the same, but the rendering cost was nullified, eliminated or reduced to useability in most machines.

The result of the optimization done with some linux bash scripts, is compelling. I tested in as many machines I could, including Simbambin and Legoboyvdlp low graphics specs machines with outstanding results. The scenery looks beautiful and the city is incredible fun for VFR flights, and the rendering cost is very very low! Almost unbelievable for such developed place (even without comparing to the rendering cost of other high developed places as LOWI, EDDF, or LFPG). The city of Geneve OSM2city looks incredible believable too.

I submitted the work to terrasync, and it was rejected with an iron fist. Do I think the rules can be bend because I want? or an exception could be made to me? -- O.K.; I guess in spite that I achieved no rendering impact, and thanks to radi's OSM city the whole Geneve 3d city rendering can be achieved, and it looks cool, great, and entertaining for VFR flying the area, the answer is: O.K. I think OSM2city buildings are exceptional, and old designed rules should be re-specified to allow this wider distribution, the final answer is -- You guys make the last word.

I withdrew the petition and set that request of upload past us.

You can give it a try to the OSM2city scenery in your computer. But if your computer is graphically very capable you won't appreciate the enormous gain in rendering performance. You can ask Lego and Simbambin on their experiences for a more accurate representation.

Have fun!

IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:39 pm

vector wrote:Using the terrasynced terrain+object the framerate impact = 0, excellent work, thank you!

I'm glad you liked it. I hope it encourages you to serve as ATC there for the years to come, and allows the community as a whole to come and visit us in this beautiful city.

On this topic, I want to remind you this scenery was made with the Festival Event this Nov7th and Nov8th in mind. I have scheduled ATC service from 1700 to 2400Z both Saturday and Sunday, as LSGG_TWR and I look forward to have lots of traffic. I hope the community accepts my call in spite of the terrible false propaganda certain FG community members have done and continue doing against me and my projects.

In any case, I also wanted to tell you that the Festival is a 48hour event. If you or someone else wants to coordinate to offer a more extended towering service in Geneve that will be awesome. Example, if you could offer service starting much earlier, and ending at 1700Z when I come to relief, we could offer a long extended Geneve ATCing during the Festival Weekend. That could be awesome :) (I'd love you to consider)

:mrgreen:

R.M.S.

Return to “Airports”